Sales Operations, Senior Manager
What is Cool About This Job
WP Engine has aggressive top-line growth targets and Sales Operations is a critical enabler of those goals. You'll be shaping how we look at and run the business, problem solving around a diverse set of topics, and interacting with just about every function at the company. We're writing the book now on how to attack our next phase of growth beyond $100M in revenue and you'll play a significant role in shaping our future direction. You'll find our Sales organization to be fun, high energy, respectful, and collaborative - you'll enjoy working alongside them.
The Day to Day
No two days will be the same here - if you like variety then you'll love this role.
Your Expertise and Passion
You strike the balance between understanding the realities of sales, creating pragmatic processes to support sales goals, and being more than comfortable popping open the hood on the underlying technology (Salesforce.com in particular) to bring your ideas to life.
- You have strong leadership and managerial abilities. You can steer the team to the highest impact initiatives, motivate them to tackle a broad range of projects, and can develop each of them to take their careers to the next level.
- You have an eye for identifying and prioritizing initiatives that have the greatest business value, whether revenue growth, opportunities for efficiency, or other strategic impacts.
- You're very strong technically, particularly in relation to Salesforce.com. You have strong Salesforce capabilities with experience in areas such as SOQL, Flows, understanding order of operations, knowledge of Workbench, understanding roles/permission sets/profiles/security, and understanding the full capabilities of that system. Additionally, you have a point of view on development workflows (quality controls, best practices, dev/stage/prod, etc.) and can identify tradeoffs of different potential approaches to problem-solving.
- Responsibility and ownership of our sales tech stack, current and future state. Currently that entails: SFDC, Salesloft, Clearbit, LinkedIn Navigator, Hoopla and components of other systems (Zendesk, Dialpad, Docsend, and more).
- Strategy and direction for our Salesforce.com environment which represents one of our most critical enterprise systems.
- Simplify and improve the processes leveraged by our sales reps globally, including transactional processes, Rules of Engagement, Salesforce hygiene, etc.
- Lead cross-functional initiatives with key organizations such as Marketing, Customer Success, Finance, and R&D relating to topics such as marketing effectiveness, new product introduction, M&A integration, operationalizing key partnerships, etc.
- Streamline and improve Sales Operations processes including request intake, initiative prioritization, documentation, and roadmap development. The goal is for us to progress more along the lines of a high performing development organization.
- Exemplify our culture - doing the right thing by our customers, approaching the role with a high degree of integrity, making decisions for the long-term good of the company.
Bring a strong work ethic and a willingness to lead, teach, and roll-up the sleeves and do.
- You not only are creative in coming up with solutions but understand the importance of change management and can effectively implement solutions across a growing and global sales organization.
- You have a perspective on best practices around data management; how to improve the data we have and ensure clean data going forward.
- Can understand data flows and manage cross systems integrations (in and out of SFDC)
- You are a great team player who is willing to work hard and can partner well with others. You can also see the bigger picture and how your efforts support company goals.
- You can communicate clearly in both written and spoken forms and can translate concepts across business and technology contexts.
- Ideally you've worked in an environment similar to ours - a high growth, high transaction volume, mid-sized tech business.
- You have had some exposure to sales systems like Leandata, Salesloft, Clearbit, and DiscoverOrg.
- You have the experience and confidence to make decisions and drive initiatives forward.
The Perks and Benefits
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn't like time off)
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement)
- Lunch (Provided Monday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount