Sales Representative at Homeward (Remote)
Buying a home should be an exciting milestone. But all too often, it’s stressful, especially in a competitive market or when you’re buying and selling at the same time. So we’re redesigning the home-buying experience. We’re a fast-paced real estate startup that empowers agents to help homebuyers buy with cash. We buy homes on behalf of our partners’ clients with our cash, then the client buys the home back from us.
Founder and CEO Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in 2018. In fact, he bought our first customer’s home with his own life savings. Today we offer two services — Buy with cash and Buy before you sell.
We’ve raised more than $160MM in equity capital from top-tier venture investors, including Norwest, Blackstone Alternative Asset Management, Adams Street, Javelin, and LiveOak. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology industries.
About the opportunity
Homeward is hiring Sales Representatives who will be focused on driving new business by connecting with Real Estate Agents and Homebuyers to share The Homeward Way. As part of this Sales team, you will be driving the growth of new accounts as we expand into 20 new markets in 2022. In this role, you’ll be responsible for high volume cold-call outreach focused on closing new business while building trust and deepening relationships with both Real Estate Agents and Home Buyers.
This role will be 8:30 am - 5:30 pm EST, and will require weekend availability.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
In this role you will:
- Master Homeward’s products and sales processes through our introductory training and ongoing coaching to effectively present Homeward to agents and their clients
- Cold call real estate agents and Home Buyers
- Build and convert a pipeline of real estate agents and Home Buyers
- Guide clients through the early stages of their journey with Homeward
- Generate new accounts to achieve and exceed monthly sales targets
- Work in a competitive sales environment alongside other motivated and determined sales professionals
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the real estate industry
- Report to a Sales Manager who will be your dedicated coach
- Exceed daily KPIs including Dials and Talk Time targets
What you'll bring:
- 2+ years of experience in a consultative sales environment
- Proven knowledge and experience of Salesforce
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize various technology and software (CRM, telephony system, etc.)
- Growth Mindset
- Strong Work Ethic
- You have the ability to operate in a process-driven, scripted sales environment
- You have the ability to meet deadlines while effectively managing your calendar, inbox, and pipeline
- You have strong time management and organization skills
- You have exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication, and public speaking skills
- Desire to equip agents with the tools required to help their clients with the most important financial transaction of their life
- You have the ability to think critically and problem solve complex scenarios
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-velocity sales environment
- Excitement about cold-calling and earning commission
THE GOLDEN RULE
Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or customers, we follow The Golden Rule, treating others the way we want to be treated. It’s a simple rule, but it’s also significant: we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
We work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. So it’s important that we focus on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next. If something is out of scope, we say “No.” If something feels rushed, we pump the brakes. This calm focus helps us create solutions our customers love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM
Big problems require big solutions. We look at our customers’ experience holistically, and recognize that solving them requires collaboration across teams. This approach extends to cooperation among our three affiliate companies — Homeward, Homeward Mortgage and Homeward Title — and produces a more integrated home-buying experience.