Sales Systems Team Lead at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general-purpose database platform. Headquartered in New York, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, MongoDB is one of the fastest-growing enterprise software companies in the world! Our EMEA HQ located in Dublin works closely with other groups in the company located around the world. Learn more at www.mongodb.com
In the Sales Technology team, we focus on systems that enable our sales organization to perform at their highest level. The team combines skills in Salesforce administration, business analysis and data analytics to provide the tools and insights our sales team needs to succeed. Sales Technology is part of the wider Sales Productivity team. This means that we focus on identifying and removing friction from our internal systems and processes to make our salesforce more efficient and effective.
You will be joining as a leader in a highly experienced, global team of Sales Systems & Salesforce Admins, Architects and Associates where you will have the opportunity to take ownership of individual and team projects that are critical to the success of the business.
To aid in this endeavor, we invest heavily in the training and development of our team. We provide weekly group training, 1-1 coaching, regular subject matter expert sessions and to top it all off, an annual trip to Dreamforce. By joining our team, you are making an investment in yourself that will accelerate the rest of your career.Role Overview & Key Responsibilities
- You are an experienced Salesforce certified professional that has worked in fast-paced environments with a complex Salesforce instance, preferably in the enterprise software space
- Ideally, you have been through a migration from Salesforce Classic to Lightning, or have extensive experience of working with Lightning.
- You have experience working in technical teams as a Salesforce Admin/Architect as both an individual contributor and team lead/people manager
- You are passionate about mentorship and coaching for the growth and development of a team. Previous experience in carrying out weekly 1-1s and monthly development planning is a must
- You are a reliable point of escalation when it comes to troubleshooting, problem solving and solution design
- You are capable of allocating team resources effectively to progress multiple projects simultaneously
- You have the ability to interface with business stakeholders, translating business requirements into technical solutions and communicating a technology roadmap to the business
- You have experience with other tools commonly used in a sales/marketing environment e.g. Outreach, Chorus, ZoomInfo, Clari.
- You have the ability to work cross functionally in collaboration with other teams in Marketing, Finance and IT
- You are enthusiastic about defining the strategy and roadmap of the sales systems team to deliver a competitive advantage for our sales organization
- 5+ years Salesforce Administration experience
- 2-3 years in a team leadership/people management role
- Excellent time management and autonomy skills, working independently and as part of a team
- Ability to juggle requests of varying urgency with tasks related to long term projects and the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
- Detail-oriented and process-minded with ability to understand rich technical solutions, but also able to explain processes and solutions in clear and simple terms to those you work with
- Excellent communication skills for interacting with stakeholders in requirements gathering, design, proof-of-concept demonstrations, implementation, and support of solutions we manage
- Think Big, Go Far: We are big dreamers with a passion for creativity. We eagerly pursue new opportunities and markets through innovation and disruption
- Make It Matter: We are relentless in our pursuit of meaningful impact. We think strategically and are clear on what we are and are not trying to do
- Build Together: We achieve amazing things by connecting and leveraging the diversity of skills, experiences and backgrounds of our entire organization
- Embrace the Power of Differences: We achieve amazing things by connecting and leveraging the diversity of skills, experiences and backgrounds of our entire organization
- Be Intellectually Honest: We embrace reality. We apply high-quality thinking and rigor. We have courage in our convictions but work hard to ensure biases or personal beliefs do not get in the way of finding the best solution
- Own What You Do: We take ownership and are accountable for everything that we do. We empower and we are empowered to make things happen, and balance independence with interdependence
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.