Sales Team Lead at OnlineMedEd
OnlineMedEd is focused on making adult learning as efficient and effective as possible. We improve learning by delivering personalized and adaptive experiences for users and institutions. Part education, part tech, we have strong traction in every medical school throughout the country and 200k+ MAUs in 191 countries worldwide.
In 2018 almost all of our revenue came directly from students (B2C), but over the last few years we’ve gained meaningful traction selling directly to medical schools (B2B) and now proudly count more than 75 institutions as customers. As a result of this success, we are doubling the size of our sales team in 2021. Less than 20% of global medical schools are currently assigned across our existing territories, so there’s tremendous opportunity for expansion.
With a recent financial infusion, we’re set up extremely well with the world’s best medical education product, supported by powerful technology, an amazing team, and now the resources to execute on our growth strategy.
The Sales Team Lead is a player/coach role; you’ll be required to hold a quota and prove that you can “walk the walk” while also taking on responsibilities to oversee a small team assigned to you.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a territory of medical schools and learn to showcase/demo OnlineMedEd's value at an institutional level
- Build relationships with deans (decision makers) and faculty (influencers) to sell packages of licenses and associated products to each identified account
- Crush your quota and exceed your earnings expectations
- Conduct weekly reviews with sales reps on your team and ensure that everyone is consistently on track to meet their goals
Qualifications you'll need:
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise sales
- 2+ years of experience managing sales reps/teams
- Multiple years of proven traction eviscerating your assigned quota
- Ability to navigate complex organizations and engage with multiple decision makers/influencers to bring a deal to closure
- Excellent verbal and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
Skills that will help:
- Experience in hybrid B2C and B2B businesses
- Experience interacting across a cross-functional team (sales, marketing, customer success, engineering)
- Experience specifically selling education or software products
What We Offer
- Compensation: $90,000 base salary, $150,000 OTE, with a guaranteed $20,000 annual raise each year you exceed quota
- Selflessness: Our purpose is to make adult education accessible to everyone. We believe in putting the user first, team second, and ourselves last.
- Lifelong learning: Monthly Lunch and Learns, weekly presentations, funding for professional development, and 1:1 coaching provide frequent opportunities to learn and grow.
- Accountability: Take responsibility for your work without being micro-managed. We're focused on doing great work; when and how you do it is up to you.
- Transparency: We have an open-door policy and a no-blame culture. We value honest communication at every level of the company.
- Excellence: We want you focused on doing your best work. Use the equipment you want, take advantage of the flexibility of unlimited as-you-need-it time off, and work where it makes sense. We strive to set you up for success.
- Benefits: We also provide enterprise-level health insurance, dental and vision insurance, fitness perks, volunteer opportunities, mental health resources, work equipment benefits, snacks and drinks in the office, and engaging (currently virtual) social activities.
OnlineMedEd was rated #4 Best Small Places to Work in 2021 by BuiltinAustin and one of the top places to work in Austin overall.
Diversity in Doing Good
OnlineMedEd is a purpose-driven organization focused on doing well by doing good. We recognize that doing good is best achieved by uniting the unique contributions of individuals with different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences. Beyond our equal opportunity employer status, we are committed to recruiting, hiring, training, and supporting the professional development of diverse individuals, regardless of differences, who demonstrate outstanding performance and exemplify our core values.