Salesforce Solutions Architect at Medallia
- Define and oversee Salesforce standards and practices, including build / buy configure strategy.
- Responsible for the design and compliance to the corporate enterprise standards.
- Plan, guide, and lead the system architecture designIdentify opportunities for application optimization, redesign, or development within the Salesforce platform that will support multiple business unitsGuide best practices for security model, mobile deployment strategies, workflow, data validation and administration processes.
- Partner with lines of business to gather, document and develop new requirements into Salesforce.com design and implementation by translating business requirements into creative and effective technical / functional solutions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on new feature functional designs, functional requirements, limitations, and implementations of new initiatives;
- Design, develop and maintain complex workflows rules, validation rules and custom workflow;
- Evaluate Out-Of-The-Box options or design patterns that require minimal customization.
- Define and monitor compliance with code check- in, backup/recovery, and versioning processes, leveraging tools such as JIRA, GitHub, Visual Studio Code and plugins.
- Use expert hands on experience in VisualForce, APEX, SOQL, Lightning Web Component, Process Builder, Workflows, Java, C++ and Architecture tools to improve systems.
- Guide the development of the enterprise data model ensuring data integrity is maintained.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of regulatory (eg. SOX, GDPR, 606, etc.) and security requirements and ensure compliance.
- You’re both a big picture thinker and an in-depth problem solver.
- You take pride in designing systems that can stand up to anything.
- You see issues before they become issues, even when you’re scaling from one to one million customers.
- You're a critical thinker who challenges the status quo, resolves tough problems, and makes complex things simple.
- Team player with a positive attitude and passion for the opportunity.
- Quality first mindset, innovative thinker, eager to learn, grow, and develop.
- Proven track record of efficient architecture design of SaaS business applications and understanding of subscription based businesses.
- Demonstrate bias for action and execution with a strong history of delivering projects and tasks on time and to specification.
- Organized, problem solver with a process-oriented mindset.
- Quick Learner with an ability to ramp up in technologies and modules to meet business needs.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities yet stay focused on delivering high business impact.
- A promoter and driver of change in support of business process improvement.
- 3+ years of systems architecture experience (i.e. designing, developing and maintaining complex business solutions within the application)
- 3+ years of Salesforce experience specific to Sales Cloud, administration, integration, configuration, enhancements or similar
- 3+ years experience with translating business requirements into technical/functional solutions
- 1+ years of CPQ (Configure, Price, Quote software) experience or exposure (not a must)
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Salesforce Sales Cloud capabilities and limitations paired with Salesforce.com architecture, design and configuration skills
- Hands-on experience in several mid-sized, global implementations using Salesforce
- Experience working in a similar role for a SaaS company
- Exposure with Salesforce Lightning, Visual Force, APEX, Process Builder, Workflows and Architecture topics
- Salesforce.com certification
- Excellent communication, project management, organizational, planning, customer service, interpersonal, written and verbal skills to influence stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field