Senior Account Executive, Large Enterprise (Remote) at BigCommerce
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
Senior Account Executive, Large Enterprise Solutions
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in 2020 is looking for an experienced Senior Account Executive to join our growing sales team. In this role, you will drive sales revenue by acquiring new high value, enterprise clients by showing them the power of the BigCommerce Platform to help them Sell More.
What you will do:
- Drive sales revenue through new client acquisition for Fortune 1000 / IR1000 accounts
- Actively manage the sales process, including positioning, presenting and /demoing the product, and closing sales.
- Act as territory owner and subject matter expert for one or more categories/verticals
- Build and manage a book of business through outbound prospecting as well as inbound leads.
- Identify each client’s unique needs and cultivate effective sales strategies and proposals.
- Coordinate resources for implementation.
- Be the expert - Provide eCommerce industry information to clients regarding web design, online marketing (SEO, PPC, Email Marketing, Google Analytics), ecommerce strategies, etc.
- Achieve your sales targets and performance metrics.
- Be organized - maintain a CRM with leads and effectively manage an account set, keep detailed and accurate notes of all sales related activities.
- Think like a CEO - communicate with management team and team members to increase client satisfaction and conversion and drive overall sales improvements.
- Engage closely with the BigCommerce Partner Ecosystem and Sales Engineering team to design solutions and close sales both over the phone and on-site, depending on client size and need.
Who you are:
- 7-10+ years technology sales experience, including 5+ years Enterprise Sales experience in a fast-paced environment with a focus on consultative solutions selling for a SaaS or eCommerce company.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Enterprise Sales Hunter - You have a demonstrated ability to drive complex sales with all stakeholders (from both the business and IT, mid level to senior executive), and have successfully, consistently achieved quotas and objectives within a fast paced, high growth sales environment
- Master Influencer - Excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills are critical.
- Techie - Strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills are a must. A basic understanding of HTML, CSS and internet technologies (shopping carts, web hosting, email and online marketing tools) a big plus.
- eCommerce geek - Technical understanding of software and the ecommerce space combined with strong business and sales acumen.
- Ethical - You are customer focused and do the right things the right way every time.
- Attentive - You are able to manage sensitive client information and numerous details with ease.
- Driven - You are a results-oriented closer with a positive outlook and a clear focus on quality and business performance.
- Analytical - You are able to provide consistent, accurate sales forecasts.
- Solution Oriented - You have the ability to identify and creatively solve complex problems to keep a sale on track.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.