The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is redefining industries and empowering developers to build outstanding apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years.
We're looking for a dynamic and talented Sr. Director of Sales who will be responsible for building and developing multiple teams of Corporate AEs that identify, qualify and close sales opportunities in North America, specifically in the Mid-Market. The role focuses on leadership, development and the execution of Corporate Sales goals.
At MongoDB, we 're passionate about personal and professional development, this role will embody our Core values as a company and allow us to continue to scale our extremely successful Corporate Sales team.Responsibilities
- Attract, Hire and Retain high achieving Corporate Account Executives and 1st line leaders
- Drive a high performance, high accountability culture to meet and exceed sales goals
- Provide strong coaching and mentoring through a deep understanding of the inside sales role, our business model, and our sales methodology; This includes a focus on career growth, mentoring on territory planning (including prospecting methods, development of CAE’s pillars to success) all the way through deal support across each stage of the sales process
- Support their direct reports by participating in client and prospect calls/meetings (including listening to calls to customize coaching to the CAEs as well as support deal development and closing through active participation to sales calls)
- Conduct weekly forecast meetings with each CAE leader to inspect transactions in play and consolidate an accurate forecast; The forecast review is also the opportunity to provide coaching on deals (development and closing)
- Contribute to the business by providing new, strategic and thoughtful ideas to help hire, develop, retain our AEs while also hitting quota
- Provide timely and accurate forecast to senior management based on deals in play but also based on overall business trends (number of transactions, amount in pipeline, average sales price, time to close, conversion ratios and historical trends)
- Proactively contribute to team organization through thoughtful ideas and mentorship
- Collaborate with Marketing and define sales strategies to build and develop pipeline based on the coverage needed
- Develop and own Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for the sales team, consistently observe the sales activity of the team, track the results and drive team execution based on those metrics
- Analytical mindset, able to both see opportunity in the sales cycle but also gaps in the business plan
- Define and execute on creative and innovative techniques to get results
- Represent the needs of your team cross functionally to drive performance
- Ensure your team consistently demonstrates our sales methodology to qualify and lead opportunities as quickly, efficiently, and independently as possible
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of MongoDB’s offerings and the industry as a whole
- Drive discipline and operational excellence in inside sales with the tools available to us, this includes data cleanliness in SFDC
- Provide a high level of visibility and openness to senior management
- Experience leading managers of an inside sales team for at least 2 years
- Sophisticated enterprise software experience in a comparable company is a plus (Technical and multi levels decision making)
- Experience in open source software sales is a distinct advantage
- Excellent verbal, written, listening, and presentation skills. You must be credible with direct reports, customers, recruitment candidates, and internally across the organization at all levels including senior management
- Top performer both as an individual contributor and Manager, Goal oriented, with a track record of overachievement (President’s Club, Rep of the Year, etc.)
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.