Senior Director, Global Customer Success & Inside Sales at Rubrik, Inc
POSITION: Sr. Director, Global Customer Success and Inside Sales
BUSINESS UNIT: Global Sales Acceleration (GSAT)
LOCATION: Austin, Texas
Rubrik delivers a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik’s Cloud Data Management software to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, and enable automation at scale. Rubrik’s run-anywhere, scale-out architecture is built to empower IT departments today, and in the future, reducing total cost of ownership while enabling infrastructure flexibility for a multi-cloud world.
The Sr Director, Global Customer Success & Inside Sales will lead a global team focused on developing new sales pipeline and driving existing software and subscription revenue across our global customer base. Responsible for landing of new business, ongoing adoption of Rubrik’s technology, renewals and expanding inside sales’ impact in cross-sell and up-sell opportunities. The role will report to our Chief Commercial Officer (CCO). In this position, you will work closely with Rubrik’s field sales leadership team, sales operations, sales finance and the channel/alliances team to develop an inside sales model that will support the ongoing growth of Rubrik’s sales organization.
- Build a world-class, global inside sales & customer success team to over-achieve annual revenue targets.
- Own both new pipeline development and customer retention (renewals, cross-sell & up-sell) sales motions.
- Develop the next generation of inside sales metrics, KPIs and other key measurements of success.
- Collaborate with the global sales operations team to design and manage pipeline review cadence, pipeline & forecasting reporting, recommended targets, and performance metrics.
- Spearhead tighter territory alignment with the field leadership team and their respective sales teams.
- Develop a strong reporting cadence and forecasting accuracy discipline to improve sales predictability.
- Support, coach and mentor team members on how to deliver against sales targets and achieve career trajectory.
- 7-10+ years’ experience in Sales, with emphasis on building inside sales teams focused on new pipeline development, renewals, and up-sell functions. Experience with SaaS based companies a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience, ideally having built and/or expanded a team across a global theater.
- Understanding of a variety of revenue models ranging from perpetual, recurring revenue, and consumption licensing. Experience with a land-and-expand approach for helpng customer maximize investment with technology adoption.
- Track record of delivering on ambitious goals, and consistently meeting and exceeding targets
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to build diverse teamwork with a diverse team and influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries.
- Working knowledge of incentive plan structures (quotas, accelerators, pay mix, leverage points, industry standard OTE: Quota ratios, on-target earnings).
Wall Street Journal, How One Silicon Valley CEO Practices ‘Radical Transparency’
John Thompson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPJZ3N4DB6E&t=21s
Frank Slootman: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLerCyryTmY
Fastest Growing Enterprise Company in the Billion Dollar League
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.