Senior Manager, Account Targeting and Development
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce is looking for a Sr. Manager, Account Targeting & Development to lead a high-performing team of Data Specialists and Account Development Representatives (ADRs) responsible for identifying, prioritizing, and building critical datasets used for outbound sales. This high visibility cross-functional role will partner closely with leaders from Sales, Marketing, Operations, and Analytics to ensure we effectively prioritize our outbound sales efforts and enable the sales team with high quality information on accounts and contacts. This is a strategic and operationally -focused role and the ideal candidate will be highly process-oriented, comfortable with developing data-driven strategic recommendations, and managing by metrics.
What You’ll Do
- Lead, inspire, manage and mentor a team of specialists dedicated to building a database of high quality sales prospects
- Build and direct the day-to-day operations of the team to ensure effectiveness, efficiency, and scalability.
- Develop the team into a Continuous Learning Organization focused on building outreach cohorts and measuring the effectiveness across various outbound sales cadences.
- Drive continuous improvement in lead quality and throughput.
- Establish and maintain close working partnerships with leaders across the business and product and become a trusted advisor and advocate for data-driven decision making
- Identify and dissect drivers of operational performance, diagnose bottlenecks in existing processes and develop solutions that scale.
- Document areas where process improvement is required and come with recommended solutions
Who You Are
- An extremely analytical, results-oriented, cross-functional business leader with 8+ years experience in business analysis/business intelligence/business systems and process improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (economics, statistics, mathematics, finance, etc) or equivalent experience; Master’s degree preferred
- Experience working with 3rd Party Data Providers i.e. Dunn & Bradstreet, ZoomInfo, Hoovers, DiscoverOrg, Datanyze etc.
- Experienced team leader and manager, with 4+ years of people management experience and a dedication to service-oriented leadership with an orientation towards Lean Principles and driving efficiency.
- Data-driven decision maker with a high level of business acumen and financial reasoning; deeply technical background with a penchant for systems thinking
- Cross-functional leader with indirect influence finesse and excellent stakeholder management; inspires confidence and collaboration across departmental boundaries. Familiar working with Sales and Account Development Reps and metrics that drive sales results
- Problem solver whose critical thinking skills are adaptable and fungible across many disciplines and various subject matters
- Experience working with Sales Development Teams
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.