The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) And MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build outstanding apps that people use every day. We are the top tier modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Global Deal Desk function. This position will play a key role in enabling large, strategic opportunities and provide critical support to the Global Sales organization that will drive efficiencies, profitability and stronger controls. This is a tremendous opportunity for someone who enjoys the challenge of working with an outstanding team in a high growth environment and is steadfast in their pursuit of excellence. You will join a fantastic team and work closely with the Global Deal Desk team located across the world.Responsibilities
- Be a critical member of distributed team that acts as a key enabler of deal formation and execution with a focus on minimizing sales cycle times while optimizing revenue, profitability, and/or market share based on business priorities
- Champion internal relationships with all levels of the sales organization
- Drive standard methodologies to increase sales efficiency and effectiveness via deal reviews, early checkpoint and enforcement of standard business practices and policies
- Assist with non-standard deal requests, structuring sophisticated deals, driving cross-functional and cross solution collaboration and ensure revenue recognition requirements are handled
- Establish metrics and processes to improve business visibility and consistency of practices across geographies
- Enjoys working with Sales and other Business Partners
- Degree in Business or Finance and/or MBA
- 8+ years software industry experience (Deal Desk/ Finance/ Sales Operations experience preferred)
- Excellent eye for business and shown ability in commercial negotiations
- Some experience in software revenue recognition principles and have worked closely with finance/revenue teams
- Experience in people management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills along with ability to demonstrate practical judgment in sophisticated situations
- Great partnership & teamwork skills
- Good knowledge of MS Excel & Salesforce
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.