At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About The Department
Sales Operations, Account Executives, Channel Account Managers, Business Development Representatives, Solution Engineers and Customer Success - all working together to help our customers adopt Cloudflare and create great Internet-enabled experiences. The sales team at Cloudflare helps customers solve real, technical problems while creating the revenue streams that help the company provide free service to millions in our community.
What You'll Do
We are looking for a seasoned Sales Compensation leader to join our Sales Compensation team, within Global Sales Operations. As a key team member in a high-visibility role, the Sr. Manager, Sales Compensation Operations will partner cross-functionally to define, implement and manage business critical processes related to Sales Planning and Compensation Administration. Working closely with Cloudflare’s Anaplan Center of Excellence (COE), the Sr. Manager, Sales Compensation Operations will drive enhancements within the Anaplan platform, with particular emphasis on Sales Planning Management (T&Q) and Incentive Compensation Management (ICM). Relying on deep domain experience in Incentive Compensation and Commissions, this individual will also play a key role in leading the ongoing operational management and tactical execution of Cloudflare’s Sales Compensation Program.
- Play a leading role in redefining Cloudflare’s Sales Planning, Incentive Compensation and Sales Performance Management processes, and facilitating the operational transition from disparate spreadsheets into Anaplan
- Provide Sales Compensation Program oversight, including focus on driving operational efficiencies and maintaining high internal customer satisfaction
- Work closely with business partners to understand existing pain points, and to gather comprehensive business requirements and user stories, specifically in the areas of Sales Planning and Incentive Compensation Management
- Combine deep domain expertise in Incentive Compensation and Commissions, with a working knowledge of Anaplan administration, to develop optimal solutions to business problems (n partnership with Cloudflare’s Anaplan COE)
- Exercise business process knowledge and expertise in Anaplan to drive ongoing business process improvements
- Partner with extended IT/BI teams to enhance and expand process automation
- 5 years of hands-on experience managing Incentive Compensation programs in the High-Tech sector, with emphasis on operational oversight, process development, process implementation, and tactical execution
- Demonstrated command of the end-to-end Sales Comp process flow, from role definition, to quota setting, to coverage assignments, to transaction crediting, to incentive calculations and payment
- Practical understanding of key business and system interdependencies within the end-to-end Sales Comp process flow
- Experience in business-side administration of Anaplan’s T&Q and/or ICM models required
- People management experience highly desired
- Exceptionally motivated and driven, with the ability to multitask in a highly deadline-driven environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to address both technical and non-technical audiences
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
126.96.36.199: We released 188.8.131.52 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.