Senior Pre-Sales Engineer at Shipwell (Austin, TX or Remote)
In a world where shipping expectations and complexity are greater than ever, Shipwell is on a mission to empower supply chain efficiency at scale across every company size, stage, and industry. Supply chain solutions today are highly disconnected, rigid, and difficult to use, but Shipwell is disrupting the status quo. Our solution combines everything our customers need in a comprehensive platform that adapts as the market and business demands change, so they can effectively manage the entire process in one place and never have to rip and replace. Shipwell is proud to be recognized by industry experts as a leader in shipping and logistics, including Gartner Magic Quadrant for TMS and Forbes 2020 Next Billion-Dollar Startup. Join us and be part of the Shipping Evolution(R)
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!
About the Role
You will partner with our Account Executives in a pre-sales role, showcasing Shipwells product solutions - setting up demonstrations and explaining features and benefits to customers, and designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs. You will collaborate with the Account Manager to recommend and develop customer solution offerings. You are passionate about the customer experience and excited about new technology. You are a true teammate and love to learn. You have a knowledge of baseline SE skills and in-depth knowledge in Saas sales. This role reports directly to our Director of Sales.What you’ll do when you get here:
- Works deals assigned to the sales team, prioritizing effort based on maximizing total impact on team productivity and profit, or as directed by the Sales Director.
- Proactively scopes and addresses customer requirements, assesses customers’ met and unmet needs, and recommends solutions that optimize value for both the customer and the firm.
- Gathers input from all necessary stakeholders within the prospective clients org structure as well as within Shipwell. Adapts solutions, as necessary, to ensure appropriate support.
- Coordinates closely with internal sales, sales support, and professional service resources to align solution design with customers’ business requirements.
- Gathers from customer technical staff commitments needed to ensure a deal’s “technical close.”
- Provides coaching and professional development to team member sales associates in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills.
- Opportunistically pursues additional business development opportunities within customer firms. Collaborates with sales to ensure these opportunities are effectively covered and
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and experience in engineering, information systems, or business administration
- 5+ years of SaaS Sales experience, including two or more years in sales engineering or consulting
- 3+ years experience in value selling.
- Proven track record of quota attainment.
- Proven technology skills,
- Outstanding interpersonal abilities, and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, plus analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Positive, service-oriented personality
- Willingness to travel (at some point in the future)
- 401k plan
- Generous parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity opportunity
- Team building events and office competitions
- Friendly, talented, and inclusive company culture
- Officesin Austin, TX or 100% remote
- Health, vision, dental, teladoc, HSA, FSA, & Life insurance
- Incredible growth opportunity at a fast growing company
- Subsidized wifi, cell phone, and educational reimbursements
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
---The Salary Range for this role is between $100,000 - $140,000 including Variable Compensation based on Years of Experience, Skillset, and Location.
Here at Shipwell, we are a Remote Forward company. You have the opportunity to work within our office located in Austin, TX or you can choose to be fully remote.
Shipwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any sort. We do celebrate diversity and believe experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Diversity in our team makes for better problem solving, more creative thinking, and ultimately a better product and company culture.
Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of impact, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Shipwell strives to have an inclusive work environment; so if you are hard working & good at what you do then please come as you are. We want you to contribute, grow, & learn at Shipwell and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We are looking forward to adding new perspectives to our team!
For more information about Shipwell visit shipwell.com, or connect with us on Twitter @shipwell, LinkedIn, and Facebook.com/Shipwellinc.