Senior Regional Channel Account Manager at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in 2020, is looking for a Senior Regional Channel Account Manager. BigCommerce is the world’s leading cloud e-commerce platform for established and rapidly-growing businesses. Combining enterprise functionality, an open architecture and app ecosystem, and market-leading performance, BigCommerce enables businesses to grow online sales with 80% less cost, time and complexity than on-premise software. BigCommerce powers B2B and B2C e-commerce for more than 60,000 SMBs, 2,000+ mid-market businesses, more than 25 Fortune 1000 companies, and industry-leading brands including Molton Brown, Harvey Nichols, Travis Perkins, Royal Dutch Shell, La Perla, HMD Global (Nokia) and Zumnorde.
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of business growth. Simply put, we are: built for growth so merchants can realize their visions without compromise; designed for powerful performance to enable businesses to scale seamlessly with technology they can trust; efficient in both time and cost.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must reside within the Netherlands market and will be supporting the Italy market. ***Note- we can not support a remote work location outside of the Netherlands market.
Our Senior Regional CAM is responsible for recruiting, on-boarding, and managing Systems Integrators, Digital Agencies, and eCommerce consultants focused on enterprise e-commerce - existing partners include Wunderman Thompson Commerce, Accenture, Deloitte Digital, EPAM, PFS LiveArea, Born Group, Tacit, Greenlight Commerce and E2X. You will work closely with Sales and Marketing to manage the enterprise channel pipeline and go-to-market activities that bring new clients to the BigCommerce platform. Your passion and success will help enable our mission to democratize commerce and change people’s lives through our platform. You will have experience of acquiring, managing and developing partners across multiple European countries with specific knowledge of the French, Benelux, Nordics, German, Italian or Spanish markets being especially useful.
What You’ll Do
- Drive indirect sales revenue by recruiting, on-boarding, and managing Systems Integrators, Digital Agencies, eCommerce consultants, and Technology Partners.
- Partner with Sales to drive lead volume and close deals.
- Work with Partners to drive joint marketing initiatives through events and other marketing campaigns.
- Work closely with the BigCommerce Enterprise Sales, Product, and Client Success teams (On-boarding and Account Management) to ensure smooth on-boarding experiences and servicing processes of acquired merchants using partner integrations via the BigCommerce platform.
- Deliver compelling capabilities demonstrations of the BigCommerce platform and address high level technical questions, serving as as subject matter expert around how eCommerce platforms fit within overall digital commerce ecosystems.
- Work closely with the GM Europe and Strategic Business Development Director, Europe to project manage our European entry and execute on our strategy.
- This CAM will be based in Netherlands supporting the Italian agency market.
Who You Are
- Someone with a demonstrable network of existing systems integrators and agencies within the country
- Successful Software or SaaS Sales Professional
- 6+ years software, e-commerce or SaaS sales experience with a focus on consultative solutions selling in a rapidly growing and fast-paced environment
- 3+ years experience in a quota based Channel Sales
- Experience working in a Recurring Revenue or SaaS organization
- Keen understanding of the e-commerce vendor competitive landscape
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in business or similar field preferred.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects related to European market entry and expansion. Ability to prioritise activities, remain focused on strategic objectives whilst meeting tactical objectives
- Fluent in English and Italian
- Remotely based in the Netherlands
- Driven Achiever - You thrive on challenges and have a proven history of successfully, consistently achieving revenue goals and objectives, within a complex client acquisition driven business, preferably in the mid-market or enterprise space.
- Action Oriented - You have a passion for getting things done, carry out responsibilities with minimal direction, enjoy working hard, are full of energy for challenges, and seize opportunities more than others.
- Sales Star and Master Negotiator - You are a great salesperson with sales methodology knowledge who will be the role-model of sales excellence for the team. Your extensive experience will allow you and others to skillfully negotiate wins internally and externally while maintaining strong relationships.
- Master Communicator - You provide the information people to the right people at the right time in the right way, adjusting your approach to fit the audience and setting (one-on-one, small and large groups, peers, direct reports, and leaders inside and outside the organization). Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client / partner relationship skills are critical. You will have one or more foreign languages that include French, Italian, German, Spanish.
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for eCommerce and helping businesses become wildly successful and are dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. You get first-hand information and use it for improvements in products and services, act with customers in mind, and establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, gaining their trust and respect.
- Strategist - You have perspective and can see and discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future, recognize what can/should be done now to affect future performance, and see and understand the challenges between the current and the ideal situation.
- Business Acumen - You know what to prioritize, creatively solve complex problems, and use data to make decisions. You have a deep level of knowledge about how businesses work, keep up with relevant practices and trends, and know the competition.
- Organized - You can marshal the resources you need to get things done, simultaneously manage multiple priorities and/or projects, and deliver key milestones on time.
- A Planner - You have strong attention to detail, accurately scope out the length and difficulty of tasks and projects, anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks, and easily development and maintain schedules.
- Collaborative - You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally in matrixed organizations.and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners such across Product Development, Channel, Marketing, other sales channels.
- Composed - You know how to remain collected in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out responsibilities with minimal direction.
- Flexible - You not only cope with change, you thrive on it and can shift gears comfortably.
- Personable - You are a high energy professional with a resiliently positive attitude and deep personal confidence that exudes a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Technically Adept - You pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, or technical knowledge. You have deep understanding of Salesforce.com and CRM best practices and ideally have a basic understanding of HTML, CSS and internet technologies (shopping carts, web hosting, email, and online marketing tools). Technical knowledge and/or ability to write code is a plus.
- Courageous and Ethical - You possess professional courage, steadfastly persevere through challenges, are ambitious while humble, have high standards for ethics and integrity, and do the right things the right way.
- Travel Flexible - Ability to travel domestically or internationally as needed. This job may require upwards of 25% travel to meet with partners which may require overnight stays or week-long stays at locations (depending on project).
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings