Senior Sales Analyst - Wholesale
About Kendra Scott:
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
We have an exciting career opportunity to participate in driving our brand’s Wholesale growth. Our Sr. Sales Analyst will work closely with our wholesale leadership team, sales team and cross-functional partners to identify areas of opportunity and growth in our Boutique, B2B, International, Majors and Online businesses. This role combines the need for strong sales forecasting, planning and analytical skills to ensure leadership has the visibility it needs to drive the business. This role will have direct reports.
• Support the VP of Wholesale and the sales leadership (VP Majors and Sr. Dir. Specialty) team by creating a forward look to the wholesale business.
• Effectively oversee, manage, coach and develop a small analyst team to maximize their potential and meet the reporting needs of leadership.
• Drive financial projections, load forecasts, analysis of actual results, and development of internal/external reporting packages for all wholesale teams (Domestic/International Specialty, B2B, Majors and online).
• Account planning: Weekly eval of POS data, tracking retailer sell-thru, evaluating and reporting on retailer inventory levels, evaluating retailer open to buy dollars, cross-referencing available inventory and sending appropriate signals to the sales team.
• Forecasting: Bottoms up and top down analysis to create an accurate picture of the business.
• Create reports for Executives, FP&A, Sales Leadership, Sales Professionals and Retailers.
• Provide support to sales leadership in mapping sales territories, determining sales quotes and other forms of analysis to ensure proper sales team structure and effectiveness.
• Solve problems that require constructive thinking and imaginative approaches using data-driven analysis.
• Develop and maintain detailed sales trend analyses, such as by customer, by month, by sku/class, by order code and by state. Point of sale data analysis, by territory, etc.
• Forecast and analyze revenue based on current trend and forward based market assumptions
• Analyze seasonal and signature purchasing and help forecast inventory needs
• Track majors business category and communicate emerging trends with the sales team, merchandising and production teams
• Build, own and disseminate weekly reporting to the sales team and leadership. Help “steer the ship.”
• Developing and continuously updating order forms and selling tools with accurate inventory and distributing to sales team
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• Strong communication skills and a collaborative outlook.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferably in Finance or Accounting
• 5+ years’ experience as a Sales Analyst for a high-growth company, retail a plus
• A proven ability to execute with consistent delivery and reprioritize based on evolving business needs
• Experience with financial planning, forecasting and customer data analytics
• Extremely Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Experience with Tableau and Salesforce CRM
• Experience in ERP and inventory management platforms
• Collaborate effectively with Product Development, Merchandising, Marketing, Operations/Accounting and the Distribution Center
• Have a complete understanding of brand needs, both existing and potential, and use that knowledge to deliver WOW customer service to internal teams and external customers
• Ability to understand impact of decision making to overall company; ability to identify needs for other groups and understand impacts of actions company-wide
• A strong ability to build cross functional partnerships and work collaboratively
• A growth mindset: desire to learn, grow and embrace new ideas
• A shared appreciation for our 3 core values of Family, Fashion and Philanthropy