Senior Sales Development Representative at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named "Best Place to Work" in Austin in 2020 is looking for an ambitious Senior Sales Development Representative to join our dynamic sales team. As a Senior Sales Development Representative, you’ll be responsible for targeting, engaging, qualifying, and scheduling meetings with prospects to help build a quality pipeline for our Mid-Market and Enterprise segments.
What You Will Do
Consistently Achieve Quotas and Objectives
- Possess a solid understanding of both BigCommerce (i.e. products, services, partners, and value proposition) and of the key attributes of our best Merchants.
- Prospect and qualify leads through cold calling and other outbound sales activities.
- Employ established sales methodology to push beyond gatekeepers, reaching and providing information to the right people at the right time in the right way and adjusting your approach to fit the audience and setting (one-on-one, small and large groups, peers, direct reports, and leaders inside and outside the organization).
- Draw upon your experience and smarts to assess complex business structures and challenges, obtain information that is critical to the sale, and select an appropriate course of action and/or solution to get the job done.
- Meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers by completing detailed needs analyses, educating clients on the BigCommerce value proposition, acting with customers in mind, and establishing effective relationships through trust and respect.
- Develop and maintain accurate forecasts and effectively maintain a CRM with detailed and accurate notes of all sales related activities.
Who You Are
- Sales Professional
- 2+ years sales or sales development experience in a high volume, fast-paced inside sales environment, ideally in a $50M+ software, SaaS, eCommerce or other subscription based company.
- Foundational knowledge of sales methodologies and proficiency with solution selling, preferably New Solutions Selling.
- Keen understanding of and sales experience at a SaaS or eCommerce company strongly preferred.
- Degree in Business or related field from a four-year college or university preferred.
- Driven Achiever - You thrive on challenges and have a proven history of successfully, consistently achieving revenue quotas and objectives, within a complex client acquisition driven business, preferably in the mid-market or enterprise space.
- Business Savvy - You have a moderate degree of business acumen and provide consistent, accurate forecasts.
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for mid-market business customers, service, and satisfaction.
- Persuasive Master Communicator - You must have strong persuasion and negotiation skills - it is a sales job. Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client relationship skills are critical.
- Collaborative - Ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners across Sales channels.
- Efficient - Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Attentive - Passion for client service and satisfaction and are able to manage sensitive information and numerous details with ease.
- Composed - You are cool under pressure, professionally mature, and know how to remain collected and focused in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment.
- Personable - You are positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Courageous and Ethical - You possess professional courage, steadfastly persevere through challenges, are ambitious while humble, have high standards for ethics and integrity, and do the right things the right way.
- Comfortable using technology - Sound knowledge of Salesforce as well as strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. A basic understanding of HTML, CSS and internet technologies (shopping carts, web hosting, email and online marketing tools) a big plus.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that. Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings.