Senior Sales Development Representative at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named "Best Place to Work" in Austin in 2020 is looking for an ambitious Senior Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our dynamic sales team. As a Senior SDR, you’ll be responsible for targeting, engaging, qualifying, and scheduling meetings with prospects to help build quality pipeline for our Enterprise and Large Enterprise segments. You will also have the opportunity to cultivate skills that will allow you to pursue a career in full cycle sales.
What You Will Do
Engage with Enterprise and Large Enterprise Prospects
- Call, email, and use LinkedIn to engage prospects who might be a fit for the BigCommerce platform
- Use BANT qualification to qualify Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs)
- Schedule and hold Discovery meetings with key decision makers
- Source Sales Accepted Leads (SALs) for our Enterprise and Large Enterprise team
- Prospect: conduct account research, acquire accurate contact information and
- Develop tailored messaging that engages
- Follow-up on Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs)
- Work closely with Account Executives to learn the Discovery process
Utilize Sales Development Skills to Consistently Achieve Quotas and Objectives
- Use understanding of both BigCommerce (i.e. products, services, partners, and value proposition) and of the key attributes of our best Merchants to prospect and qualify leads through cold calling and other outbound sales activities.
- Employ established sales methodology to push beyond gatekeepers, reaching and providing information to the right people at the right time in the right way .
- Draw upon your experience and smarts to assess complex business structures and challenges, obtain information that is critical to the sale, and select an appropriate course of action and/or solution to get the job done.
- Meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers by completing detailed needs analyses, educating clients on the BigCommerce value proposition, acting with customers in mind, and establishing effective relationships through trust and respect.
- Maintain accurate forecasts and effectively maintain a CRM with detailed and accurate notes of all sales related activities.
Who You Are
- Sales Professional
- 1+ year experience prospecting in the SaaS/Enterprise preferred
- Some sales or sales development experience preferred, ideally in a high volume, fast-paced inside sales environment
- Working knowledge of sales methodologies and solution selling preferred
- Understanding of SaaS and eCommerce preferred
- Degree in Business or related field from a four-year college or university preferred
- Organized - Our ability to connect with the account depends on the data and detail you provide, so you must be able to collect and deliver information in an organized and clear fashion.
- Curious - You must possess a willingness to learn about our prospective Merchants’ businesses.
- Collaborative - You consistently share what’s working with others to increase success of the overall team.
- Driven Achiever - You thrive on challenges and have a proven history of consistently achieving quotas or objectives.
- Business Savvy - You have a developing degree of business acumen.
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for mid-market business customers, service, and satisfaction.
- Persuasive Master Communicator - You must have strong persuasion and negotiation skills - it is a sales job. Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client relationship skills are critical.
- Collaborative - Ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners across Sales channels.
- Efficient - Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Attentive - Passion for client service and satisfaction and are able to manage sensitive information and numerous details with ease.
- Composed - You are cool under pressure, professionally mature, and know how to remain collected and focused in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment.
- Personable - You are positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Courageous and Ethical - You possess professional courage, steadfastly persevere through challenges, are ambitious while humble, have high standards for ethics and integrity, and do the right things the right way.
- Comfortable using technology - Strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills are a must. A basic understanding of Salesforce, HTML, CSS and internet technologies (shopping carts, web hosting, email and online marketing tools) a big plus.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings