LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS-based performance monitoring platform for enterprise IT.
We love going to work and think you should too. We are customer-obsessed, work as one team, and strive to be better every day. These are our core values. So it's no surprise that we work hard and genuinely have fun working with each other to achieve great things together.
Due to Covid-19, we are 100% remote for the foreseeable future. We are looking for you to bring your expertise, drive, and passion as we expand our global presence and achieve record-breaking success.
LogicMonitor is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees, where different backgrounds and perspectives are valued and encouraged - regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We encourage all people to come as they are.
We operate with integrity, esteem diversity and treat each other fairly and with respect. We strive to find our own versions of personal and professional harmony through community building and holistic growth. We hear time and time again that our awesome people are a huge part of why LMers chose LogicMonitor, love their teams, and choose to stay.To learn more about life at LogicMonitor, check out our Careers Page.
What You'll Do:
The mission of the Senior Sales Engineer (SE) at LogicMonitor is to support the technical evaluation of LogicMonitor by proving out value in the platform to our prospects in the pre-sales process. The Senior SE is looked at as a product expert within the sales organization. Senior Sales Engineers have the critical function to train the entire sales organization both as part of on boarding and also regularly on the LM product to ensure the appropriate level of product and technical knowledge for the sales team to be most successful. Provides the technical knowledge and superior sales skills to help define the goals around the sales engineering team.
We are looking for a Sales Engineer located in our Central Territory (cities in Texas, St. Louis, Kansas City, Chicago, Minneapolis) to support our Central sales team.
- Perform SE duties on trial calls as scheduled by AEs. Includes technically understanding prospect needs, technology skill level, and supporting AEs with requests to perform technical product demos and perform/assist trial set ups or expansion
- Trial optimization (proactively adding dashboards, creating sample reports, etc. for all trial prospects)
- Lead technical/product training for new sales personnel on an ongoing basis
- Day-to-day product/technical support for trial prospects
- Log meetings and technical notes in SalesForce pertaining to the POC for each call (or onsite) with the customer.
- Demonstrates the technical aspects of how the product solves specific customer problems, and translates specific customer problems into technical solutions.
- LM subject matter expert
- Identifies all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree required; technology, computer science, B.S. in technical degree preferred.
- 10+ years experience in IT role, SE role or equivalent experience; MSP experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great listening skills are a must
- Leader in creating and implementing innovative sales technology ideas that move the needle
- Able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users at any level.
- Able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle
- Creativity is an asset you bring to your work proven out by your use of critical thinking to solve new problems
- Experience in Linux and or Windows/Network administration and operations including the following technologies:
- Virtualization (VMWare, Hyper-V, Xen Server, etc…)
- Storage (Netapp, EMC, HPLeftHand, Dell Equallogic, etc…)
- LoadBalancers (f5 bigIP, Netscaller, Barracuda, etc…)
- WMI, PerfMon, JDBC, SNMP, SMTP, JMX
- Webservers (IIS, Apache, Tomcat, etc…)
- Active Directory
- Database (SQL, MySQL, Postgress, etc…)
- Scripting (groovy, powershell, ruby, etc...)
Residents of California, click Here to view our California Applicant Privacy Notice.