LumApps is seeking a Senior Sales Engineer in Austin, TX, New York, NY, Denver, CO or Remote.
Our Presales team works in conjunction with our sales team leading to technology justification and implementation of LumApps' solutions. Our Sales Engineers act as trusted advisors within the sales cycle; assisting in both pre and post-sales conversations for advice and support.
Sales Engineers must be active listeners and explorers - paying close attention to customer pain-points, challenges, and be able to provide feedback, defer judgment, respond appropriately, with a high level of self-awareness.
- In-depth product knowledge and ability to determine solution fit;
- Customer discovery, analysis, and solution design;
- Customer site visits, operational information gathering, demonstrations, presentations;
- RFP, RFI response in coordination with sales and other functions;
- Develop long-term relationships with prospects, partners, and clients;
- Managing and interpreting their requirements;
- Work with prospects to provide a product or services that satisfy their needs in terms of quality, price, and delivery;
- Work closely with sales and professional services;
- Provide product training, support, and enablement to customers and other members of the LumApps team;
- Attend trade shows, conferences, and other marketing events;
- Prepare technical presentations and product demonstrations;
- Expected Travel: 40%
Education and Experience
- 4+ years of experience as a Sales Engineer or implementation specialist;
- 10+ years working experience;
- B.S. Degree in computer science or related field;
- Sales Engineers must have a SaaS background along with sales skills to support customer demonstrations and presentations;
- Strong understanding of sales and buying cycles.
Personality and Team Fit
- Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and you enjoy working with customers.
- Team-Oriented: You’re capable of embracing the ideas of others (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and client.
- Driven: You are a driven team player, collaborator, and relationship builder whose infectious can-do attitude inspires others and encourages great performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Entrepreneurial: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you’re excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Passionate: You must be passionate about SaaS applications and making a positive impact on your customers and ensuring their success; we love seeing hunger and ambition.
- Self-motivated: You can work with a minimum of supervision and be capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner.
- Experience with Intranet / Digital Workplace tools (e.g. Jive, Unily, Sharepoint, Beezy, Igloo, Interact, Simpplr);
- SaaS Experience in Professional Services or Pre-Sales Support/engineering;
- Enterprise Sales experience;
- Strong G-Suite or MS 365 background;
- MBA or Masters Degree.
What we offer:
- A program designed with your success in mind. We're looking for intelligent, hard-working, and ethical individuals that will appreciate a well-coached path to a rewarding career;
- The ability to work at a company that was recently recognized by BuiltInAustin as one of the “Best Places to Work”, as well as the #1 “Best Paying” employer in Austin;
- The knowledge and experience necessary to build a rewarding career in the software industry;
- 100% employer-paid benefits for employees, starting day one;
- Awesome coworkers and culture;
- 401(k) with employer match;
- So much more!
LumApps helps organizations transform the way they communicate, collaborate, and engage with their customers, partners, and most importantly, their employees. Leading companies rely on our solutions — LumApps Social Collaborative Intranet and LumApps Employee Social Advocacy — to make their teams more productive. Our solutions contribute to smarter, more efficient, and better-connected workforces around the world. Because ultimately, our mission is to make people feel that they belong and have a purpose.
From humble beginnings in 2012, LumApps has grown to seven global offices in New York, Austin, San Francisco, Paris, Lyon, London, and Tokyo, serving more than 4 million users worldwide. To date, we’ve raised $100M from top venture capital firms to support industry leading companies like Veepee, Colgate-Palmolive, Airbus, and more...
If our core values of: “Be bold, do amazing things”, “Say what you mean, Do what you say”, “One team, Same mission”, and “Always be evolving,” speak to you, apply to join our team today!
LumApps is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are dedicated to hiring and maintaining a diverse workforce.
It is the policy of LumApps to provide Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, LumApps will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.