Senior Sales Engineer
NSS Labs, Inc. is recognized globally as the most trusted source for independent, fact-based cybersecurity guidance. Our mission is to advance transparency and accountability within the cybersecurity industry. We empower enterprises by providing them with timely, relevant information on which to base their decisions. Our unmatched foundation in security testing, along with our extensive research and global threat discovery capabilities, provide the basis for NSS Labs’ Cloud Platform for Continuous Security Validation. This cloud platform measures the ongoing effectiveness of security controls, providing real-time insight to help business leaders substantiate their security investments. Businesses can also leverage this cloud platform to strengthen their cyber risk posture and improve their ability to identify and respond when it matters. Many of the world's largest and most demanding enterprises rely on trusted insights from NSS Labs.
Sales Engineers are the primary technical resource responsible for actively driving and managing the technical sales process. SE’s work in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate with the ability to articulate technology and product positioning to all levels of technical understanding. Successful SE’s must be able to quickly identify technical issues, manage multiple evaluations and assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. The SE role will report to the Sr. Director of Enterprise Sales.
- Technical Advisor: Shorten the sales cycle and help the sales team close deals with timely and accurate technical response. Create and perform demonstrations with a good mix of technical information and product evangelization. Proactively manage trial engagements to ensure evaluators receive excellent technical care.
- Technical Sales Development: Develop and maintain a self-sufficient, confident sales team ensuring every rep has a solid, high level technical understanding of NSS Lab’s products and services. Provide on-going technical sales training to keep the sales team well informed of new product features, roadmap information and general education of the security space.
- Product Management/Marketing Interlock – Work closely with Sales, Marketing and Product Management teams to create a continuous flow of customer experience data that can be used to improve product development, support, marketing and overall brand awareness. Assist in content development for email campaigns, white papers, community engagement, thought leadership and Webinars.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Selling skills, technical product knowledge, closing deals, customer persuasion.
- Ability to work independently with little guidance as a vital member of a sales team, providing any/all technical product expertise.
- Plan, manage and execute customer product pilots. Hands-On troubleshooting and installation of product is required.
- Lead technical response to RFPs and RFIs by writing clear responses to commonly asked questions and gathering answers from other internal experts as necessary.
- Solid background knowledge of the Cyber Security space. SaaS experience a plus.
- A self-starter with a track record of successful, credible quota attainment in a highly transactional business-to-business (B2B) software sales environment.
- Proven track record achieving measurable inside sales goals in an automated sales environment consistently achieve/surpass quotas to ensure revenue objectives.
- 5+ years customer facing sales engineering experience with a general knowledge of various security products to include firewalls, SIEM, Intrusion Detection/Prevention, Breach Detection, Endpoint Protection, Vulnerability Management and Malware detection products.
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, prioritization skills and ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to work in a high-energy team environment; team player with highest level of integrity.
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills.
- Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (MS Office 365, salesforce.com, etc.).
At NSS Labs, we hire innovative and talented individuals with a passion for leading-edge technology. We have a culture of innovation, where quality, originality, and “thinking outside the box” are encouraged. Our leadership fosters professional growth and support, all within a fast-paced environment.
Located in Austin, Texas, NSS Labs offers its team members competitive compensation, medical and dental, and 401(k) benefits.
Third party resumes are not currently being accepted. NSS Labs, Inc. will not pay a fee for unsolicited resumes.