Senior Sales Engineer at Liquibase
Datical transforms the way businesses build software with an industry-leading database release automation solution. Our growing list of Fortune 500 customers love us because we enable them to reduce the time it takes to bring their apps to market while eliminating security vulnerabilities, costly database errors, data loss, and downtime.
Our leadership team has a proven track record of technology startup success and understands the benefits of a truly collaborative culture. No punks and no jerks here. We're a passionate team that enjoys delivering technology to empower our customers to deliver better applications, faster. We were named a Cool Vendor by Gartner and just received series C funding. It's a great time to be part of our success story.
What you’ll be doing:
- Actively team with Account Executives to develop accounts plan combining business & technology strategies.
- Provide technical support on pre-sale calls including technical discussions, presentations, demonstrations and solution evaluations.
- Manage the "technology" side of the sales process developing technical strategies and tactics for Datical solutions, resolving all technology issues throughout sales cycle.
- Take accountability for all technical issues during a pre-sales engagement with potential customers.
- Technically qualify and assist in the closing of sales opportunities.
- Develop & deliver customer-specific solution-oriented presentations and demonstrations.
- Demonstrate Datical solutions and technology to all levels within an organization.
- Develop strategies, manage and assist execution of solution evaluations proving your solution actually fulfills the business objectives & technical requirements.
- Understand prospects business processes, information flows, business/technical issues and challenges, and competitive pressures.
- Uncover specific business/technical problems and design solutions that link to clearly defined business value by applying Datical products toward solving those problems.
- Establish value by mapping qualified business needs to a technical solution.
What we’re looking for:
- BA/BS Degree - Computer Science, EE, or MIS preferred
- 5+ years of successful pre-sales experience working for an enterprise software company.
- Previous successful experience delivering technology solutions to all levels within an organization from executive management to the technical staff/architects.
- Experience working within a sales organization and being responsible for the technical aspects of the sales cycle.
- Excellent communication, presentation, organization, and time management skills.
- Strong knowledge of ‘DevOps/Agile’ processes.
- Experience with one or more database platforms: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, MySQL, or Postgres.
- Experience with one or more scripting languages - SH, Bash, CSH, BAT, Ruby, Groovy
- Experience with Windows and Linux systems.
- Source Code Management: Git, Subversion, Perforce, etc.
- Build Automation: Jenkins/Hudson, Bamboo, etc.
- Deployment Automation: IBM UrbanDeploy, CA Release Automation, BMC BladeLogic, Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Solid troubleshooting skills.
- Understanding of Cloud Management Strategies
- Database application development experience
- Experience with Big Data & NoSQL Platforms
- Liquibase or other database schema management tools
- Bachelor's Degree required
Why You'll Like Working Here:
- Work on cutting edge technology
- Get an inside look into how some of the worlds largest brands and companies manage their software teams and releases
- A transparent and collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- No punks, No jerks
- Everyone is a shareholder in the company
- Rich benefits package with generous medical allowance and company paid long- and short-term disability
- Flexible Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Weekly company all-hands with lunch!
- Casual dress code
- Subsidized Gold's Gym membership (Gold's gym is within walking distance of us!)
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
Datical is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, and veteran status.