Senior Sales Engineer at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
Reporting to the Director, Sales Engineering & Solutions Architecture, you’ll leverage your deep industry and solution knowledge to both engage and educate our largest or most complex merchant prospects and inspire and level-up the overall capabilities of the greater Sales Engineering team. Your efforts will help our Mid-Market and Named Account Executives achieve their sales quotas and objectives, ultimately increasing conversion and helping accelerate revenue growth.What You’ll Do:
- Participate in product, sales, technical training and certifications to develop a thorough understanding of BigCommerce (i.e. products, services, and value proposition) and the key attributes of the best Enterprise Merchants and Partners
- Become an expert on the BigCommerce solution, available apps, APIs, roadmap
- Evangelize and represent BigCommerce as a technical leader in strategic sales opportunities, advise customers on what is possible with our platform
- Provide product demonstrations to strategic opportunities, and create compelling business cases for top enterprise prospects through the use of cost/benefit modeling and ROI analysis
- Educate prospects on eCommerce recommendations and best practices
- Lead consultative Solution Audits for top prospects
- Role model best practices for complex sales with stakeholders including executive management, business and technical stakeholders
- Act as a technical resource and mentor, assisting the Director with leading, advising, motivating, and coaching team members to maximize their individual potential, contributions and professional growth
- Assist the Director with the development and execution of strategic plans and with the day to day operations of the team to ensure effectiveness, efficiency and scalability including building reporting and managing team metrics using SFDC
- Engage closely with our Technology Partners and support the Strategic Business Development Team with key strategic initiatives, including advising on complex projects
- Attain quarterly and annual objectives defined by leadership
- Engage with C-level executives to define enterprise eCommerce strategies
- Drive various "voice of" initiatives to the next level by regularly interfacing with and acting as a representative for Sales/Partners to our Product and Engineering senior leaders and teams
- Translate system architecture trends into product requirements
- Act as primary Pre-to-post Sales technical leadership for our most strategic opportunities, advising merchants from front-end Audit to solutioning to implementation to launch
- Serve as an external spokesperson for the organization by hosting thought leadership events, workshops, industry events, and by presenting new products and helping prospects understand and use existing products
- Influence sales and corporate strategies and practices by building excellent working relationships with leaders and colleagues across the business
- Propose innovative concepts and promote new ideas
- Solve complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives
- Partner with Sales Operations on process improvements, cost reduction efforts and tool development to improve the sales engineering process, reducing complexity and cost, while improving sales
- Manage multiple concurrent high visibility projects with high degree of accuracy
- Monitor and report on applicable new technical and technology related trends
- 10+ years experience as a technical leader or advisor in the eCommerce space with 5+ years experience in the SaaS industry
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience. Advanced degrees desirable.
- Comfortable with consultative presentation to C-level business executives as well as detailed, in-depth discussions with a technical audience.
- Experience with commerce solutions and applications including POS, product catalogs, order management, ERP and payment gateways.
- Sales methodology and Solution selling training a plus
- Charismatic and energetic self-starting personality
- Ability to collaborate with and motivate multiple groups toward accomplishing a task
- Experienced in solution architecting, project scoping and product demonstration skills
- Strong verbal, presentation, written, and organizational skills with a passion for winning
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.