The Senior Solutions Engineer is a member of the sales and services team who will lead all technical pre-sales aspects of the sales cycle with prospective and existing customers. In partnership with our field sales people, Regional Vice Presidents, the Solutions Engineer will drive revenue growth through acquiring new clients and expanding Civitas business relationship with existing clients .
Duties and responsibilities
- Partner with Regional Vice Presidents to plan, and prepare for prospective customer meetings including solution demonstrations
- Own the execution of solution demonstrations with prospective customers including any customization of demo experience.
- Lead technical dialogs throughout the sales cycle regarding data ingestion, data science process and implementation conversations to ensure proper client expectations.
- Present company’s technology infrastructure, including demonstrating deep familiarity with company’s software, data science approach, networking and security stack
- Participate in all appropriate product, sales, and procedural training and certification to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position
- In collaboration with the proposal team, respond effectively to RFPs as technical and product SME lead for responses, working directly with product managers and engineers to ensure language is accurate and easy to comprehend
- Requirements gathering and documenting the technical architecture for both customer implementations and consulting engagements
- Scoping additional technical services and consulting, both pre- and post- sales
- Ensure contractual obligations are feasible and aligned with product and business strategy
- Engage to discover, understand and verify the customer needs and propose the optimal solution set to address that need
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience in a pre-sales role presenting to a variety of audiences from IT team members and C-level executives
- Self-starter with solid oral, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team to creatively solve problems
- Resilient and resourceful to ensure jobs get done and to engage help as required
- Lifelong learner with demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and concepts
- Proficient to expert in two or more of the following areas,
- Software architecture (including articulating system specifications, complexity estimation, object modeling, relational database design, and creating technical documentation and visualizations)
- Security engineering; penetration tests and engineering-oriented security concerns
- System engineering / operations / system integration
- Cloud engineering, and cloud architecture (including the AWS ecosystem)
- Privacy & compliance (legal and compliance obligations, standards, practices)
- Data science (statistics & mathematics, machine learning, experiment design, visualizations
- Data engineering, data processing, data manipulation, ETL automation, SQL, RDBMS design, data warehouse design, EMR/MapReduce, NoSQL systems and design; data quality & data governance initiatives a plus
- Experience in implementing or administering typical data sources, especially in a edu-tech context, but in mid-size or greater business contexts as well. These are primarily categorized as ERPs (& SISes), CRMs, LMSes, etc.
- Ability to travel domestically 30% of time
About Civitas Learning:
Civitas Learning partners with universities and colleges dedicated to helping more students learn well and finish strong. We provide tools and services for educators that bring together and make the most of their diverse and disconnected data streams; personalize information and support for their students; and deepen understanding of the impact of their student-success initiatives. Through our work together, our partners are empowering leaders, advisors, faculty, & students—and measurably improving enrollment, persistence, and graduation outcomes.
Today, Civitas Learning has more than 350 colleges and universities as customers, serving nearly 8 million students. Together with our growing community of customers, Civitas Learning is making the most of the world’s learning data to graduate a million more students per year by 2025.
Civitas Learning is located in the heart of downtown Austin, directly across from Lady Bird Lake and the Austin Hike and Bike Trail. Civitas offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, onsite paid parking, 401-K Program and a flexible paid time off policy. Civitas Learning is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.