Senior Solutions Engineer - Americas at Plivo
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:02 p.m. (CST) on Monday, August 17, 2020
Plivo is a cloud communications platform that empowers businesses to connect, engage and interact with their customers in a more efficient and meaningful way.
Plivo’s mission is to simplify business communications. Thousands of businesses around the globe including IBM, Workday, Godaddy, and Lifesize rely on Plivo to power their voice and SMS communications at global scale.
Founded in 2011, Plivo has over 180 employees across its US and India offices. Plivo is part of YCombinator and is backed by prominent investors, including Andreessen Horowitz and Battery Ventures.
Plivo has been profitable for the past four years, an unusual milestone for companies of this scale. Plivo’s success has landed it among the leading, global CPaaS (Communications Platform as a Service) companies and at the cutting edge of the CPaaS sector, which is estimated to grow to $10.9 billion by 2022.
The Senior Solutions Engineer will assist new and existing customers with onboarding guidance, technical expertise and ongoing technical account engagement across a spectrum of clients including Enterprise, Mid-market, and SMB for the North America & LATAM regions. The ideal candidate will support sales and account management teams and also be the liaison between internal cross-functional teams for smooth on-boarding of all prospects as they go live with production.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be a single technical point of contact for new clients from the initial qualification call to go-live in production
- Own the pre-sales solution design and post-sale implementation hand-off to the Account Manager
- Ensure customer delight during the on-boarding process by ensuring a smooth and timely on-boarding
- Recommend the right products and help with solution design for clients based on their use case, plus recommend best practices for implementing them
- Review and debug code in various languages based on customer need
- Understand and tweak existing code examples in various languages as per customer use cases
- Become an API and product expert who is able to help design and ensure the best adoption of our cloud platform
- Qualify technical feasibility and “good fit” on all new and existing opportunities
- Support the sales and account management process with proof of concept, building demo apps, solution demos, response to RFP’s
- Highlight market trends based on customer discussions and provide inputs to the product roadmap
- Create any technical documents that may be required on a case-by-case basis
- A problem solver and smart decision-maker who has the ability to respond to challenging demands of customers in a constructive manner
- Attention to detail, analytical and problem solver with discipline
- Team player who can collaborate internally with multiple functions in a constructive manner
- Ability to handle a high number of customer transactions while ensuring a personalized approach to customers
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to create custom presentations for customers related to their solution and pitch Plivo’s value proposition in a convincing manner
- Working knowledge of at least one programming language -- development experience is a plus
- Knowledge and experience in modern API-driven web architectures and best practices
- Self-driven, motivated with self-confidence, patience and a strong desire for high achievement
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Competitive healthcare benefits
- Open culture and working with a young and dynamic team
- Career advancement opportunities
- Generous PTO policy
Read Full Job Description