Senior Strategic Partner Manager, Payments
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
What You’ll Do
There are three primary responsibilities for this role:
- Product: working closely with the BigCommerce Product and Product Marketing teams, ensuring that BigCommerce is offering the market leading payment solutions and payment related offerings to our merchants, through partners.
- Merchant Acquisition: collaborating with the BigCommerce Partner Marketing team, designing and launching sell with and sell through merchant acquisition programs, which may include email campaigns, in-product messaging, co-selling, and up-sell campaigns.
- Revenue Growth: owning Partner KPIs around revenue share and merchant acquisition, driving SaaS Other revenue for the company.
More detailed responsibilities include:
- Manage new and existing assigned payment portfolio partners by maintaining relationships with decision makers at the executive and management levels.
- Lead new opportunities within partnerships through creative strategic thinking to capitalize on new revenue potential and innovative product enhancements
- Work with the partners to develop integration success metrics, including specific KPIs that drive merchant adoption and revenue growth for both BigCommerce and the partner.
- Act as primarily point of contact / product strategy owner for assigned partnerships
- Work closely with the BigCommerce Product and Client Success teams to ensure smooth on-boarding experiences and servicing processes of acquired merchants using partner integrations via the BigCommerce platform.
- Lead and collaborate with the BigCommerce team to develop and implement effective go-to-market strategies (new integrations, new features, new markets) with new and existing partners. Responsibilities include working with and communicating across multiple team functions within BigCommerce and within partner organizations.
- Work closely with the Partner Marketing team to design and implement communications activities, ensuring high retention of acquired merchants.
- Plan, organize, lead, and manage revenue growth, continued merchant awareness and customer satisfaction with a long term, multi-year focus.
Who You Are
- 7+ years experience managing partnerships and coordinating and designing co-marketing programs with partners to drive merchant awareness and revenue growth in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Experience in the payment industry, specifically online payment processing from a merchant, shopper and technology provider perspective is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in business or similar field preferred.
- Experience within a SaaS platform or eCommerce organization driving adoption of a SaaS-based solution with Partners and their clients.
- Strategic - You thrive on challenges, are agile, possess a great deal of perspective and have a clear vision, tolerance for risk, and ability to navigate ambiguous situations.
- Driven Achiever - You thrive on challenges and have a proven history of successfully, consistently achieving revenue quotas and objectives, within a complex client acquisition driven business, preferably in the mid-market or enterprise space.
- Master Negotiator - You are a great salesperson who will be the role-model of excellence for the team. Your experience will allow you and others to skillfully negotiate wins internally and externally while maintaining strong relationships.
- Action Oriented - You have a passion for getting things done, carry out responsibilities with minimal direction, enjoy working hard, are full of energy for challenges, and seize opportunities more than others.
- Business Acumen - You know how businesses work, keep up with relevant practices and trends, and know the competition.
- Master Communicator - You provide the information people to the right people at the right time in the right way, adjusting your approach to fit the audience and setting (one-on-one, small and large groups, peers, direct reports, and leaders inside and outside the organization). Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client / partner relationship skills are critical.
- Organized - You can marshal the resources you need to get things done, simultaneously manage multiple priorities and/or projects, and deliver key milestones on time.
- Composed - You are cool under pressure, professionally mature, and know how to remain collected and focused in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment.
- A Planner - Your have strong attention to detail, accurately scope out the length and difficulty of tasks and projects, anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks, and easily development and maintain schedules.
- Driven - You are bottom-line oriented, can be counted on to exceed goals, and are constantly pushing yourself and others for results.
- Flexible - You not only cope with change, you thrive on it and can shift gears comfortably.
- Personable - You are positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Comfortable using technology - Strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. Knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
- Travel Flexible - Ability to travel domestically or internationally as needed. This job may require upwards of 50% travel (~25 weeks annually) to meet with partners which may require overnight stays or week long stays at locations (depending on project).
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.