Senior Strategic Partner Manager at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce named a 2020 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Senior Manager, Strategic Partnerships. As a Senior Strategic Partner Manager you will lead a team and act as the primary point of contact for your assigned partners, providing partner management and creating strategic plans to drive the partner solution growth, and partner merchant growth into BigCommerce. You will also develop and manage initiatives to drive the awareness and adoption of the partner’s solution to BigCommerce’s merchants. Your focus will be on managing the overall Partner relationship including partner communications, partner coordination, MRR sourcing, and internal communications. You will be measured against a set of success criteria, including MRR attainment from partner leads, partner success on the platform as represented in SaaS-Other and overall partner growth with BC.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with the BigCommerce Partner Marketing team, designing and launching merchant acquisition programs, which may include email campaigns, in-product messaging, co-selling, and up-sell campaigns.
- Own Partner KPIs around revenue share and merchant acquisition, driving SaaS and SaaS-Other revenue for the company.
- Manage new and existing assigned portfolio partners by maintaining relationships with decision-makers at the executive and management levels.
- Lead new opportunities within partnerships through creative strategic thinking to capitalize on new revenue potential and innovative product enhancements
- Work with the partners to develop integration success metrics, including specific KPIs that drive merchant adoption and revenue growth for both BigCommerce and the partner.
- Act as a primary point of contact/product strategy owner for assigned partnerships
- Work closely with the BigCommerce Product and Client Success teams to ensure smooth on-boarding experiences and servicing processes of acquired merchants using partner integrations via the BigCommerce platform.
- Lead and collaborate with the BigCommerce team to develop and implement effective go-to-market strategies (new integrations, new features, new markets) with new and existing partners. Responsibilities include working with and communicating across multiple team functions within BigCommerce and within partner organizations.
- Work closely with the Partner Marketing team to design and implement communications activities, ensuring high retention of acquired merchants.
- Plan, organize, lead, and manage revenue growth, continued merchant awareness and customer satisfaction with a long term, multi-year focus.
- Lead, inspire, manage, and develop your team to ensure your collective success
Who You Are
- 7+ years experience managing partnerships and coordinating and designing co-marketing programs with partners to drive merchant awareness and revenue growth in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in business or similar field preferred.
- Experience within a SaaS platform or eCommerce organization driving adoption of a SaaS-based solution with Partners and their clients.
- An achiever that thrives on challenges and has a proven history of successfully, consistently achieving revenue quotas and objectives, within a complex client acquisition-driven business, preferably in the mid-market or enterprise space.
- A great salesperson who will be the role-model of excellence for the team. Your experience will allow you and others to skillfully negotiate wins internally and externally while maintaining strong relationships.
- A master communicator with excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client/partner relationship skills.
- Cool under pressure and able to remain collected and focused in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment.
- Comfortable using technology - Strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. Knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
- Able to travel domestically or internationally as needed. This job may require upwards of 25% travel (~12 weeks annually) to meet with partners which may require overnight stays or week-long stays at locations (depending on the project).
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings