Services Solutions Consultant at Social Solutions
Are you driven to solve problems through custom configurations of software? Are you a clear, confident communicator who enjoys teaching others? Are you motivated to help non-profits adopt technology that measures outcomes, optimizes programs and communicates impact? If so, keep reading!
What you’ll do
The Solutions Consultant works closely with Project Managers, Developers, and non-technical Customer contacts, to lead implementations of SSG’s software for new customers. The primary responsibility of the Solutions Consultant is to design and implement a solution that meets the customer's requirements, taking into consideration staffing and programs, data migration, customizations, and available features and functionality. Secondary to designing the technical solution is the goal of training the customer in their new software and building their skills and confidence so they’re prepared to take ownership over their solution when your work is done. A successful implementation is one that both meets the customers’ needs and is quickly adopted by the customers. As a Professional Services team member, you will constantly balance client satisfaction with project budgets and time.
- Acquire and maintain expertise in the full suite of ETO and/or Apricot products, modules and features. Apply your expertise to pursue new, creative and previously unchartered paths to achieving customer requirements.
- Do discovery into the customers’ world to uncover dependencies and requirements for the software they’ve just purchased
- Design and configure custom solutions within budget for customer specific solutions, based on what you’ve learned in Discovery
- Produce clearly articulated solution documents and demonstrations, with the ability to estimate hours and timeline necessary to complete the work
- Expertly perform technical demonstrations of solution to clients and relate them to specific client requirements
- Lead working sessions with customer subject matter experts so they’re learning as you collaboratively configure their solution
- Clearly and regularly communicate to Project Managers all anticipated completion dates, risk factors, and likely changes in scope
- Properly handle project risk and escalations, minimizing risks proactively and involving department management when necessary
- Contribute to the on-going improvement of our team’s project delivery processes & our library of internal and external best-practice resources
- Maintain accurate project records in SSG’s internal CRM (Salesforce) and project management tool (Basecamp)
Responsibilities & Requirements
- 4+ years of professional experience
- 2+ years of related experience in software implementation, as a consultant or power user
- Active listening skills, enabling you to quickly understand a company’s org structure, goals, and data needs just by talking with a customer
- Experience documenting requirements and designing solutions to meet company or program needs
- Solid troubleshooting skills and a drive to find unique solutions to complex challenges
- Strong relationship-building skills (you gain trust and influence quickly)
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Strong individual accountability and ability to work independently to meet deadlines
Preferred Additional Experience:
- End-user or administrator-level experience with SSG’s solutions (ETO, Apricot)
- Experience with human services/social services programs or organizations
- Familiarity with local, state, and/or federal government databases and reporting requirements
- Knowledge of and experience with web technologies and databases (SQL), including the ability to create custom queries for data analysis purposes
- Familiarity with SQL syntax a plus
- Experience with data migration projects including but not limited to planning, mapping, execution, and QA
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Basecamp, and Salesforce
About Social Solutions Global
What You’ll Get
- Amazing coworkers
- Flexible PTO
- 100% employer paid benefits for employees
- 8 hours per quarter of paid volunteer time
- Company sponsored events and happy hours
- Career advancement opportunities and more!
To ensure candidate and employee health, Social Solutions is conducting the interview process remotely via Zoom for the foreseeable future. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
In order fulfill Social Solutions’ mission to “help people transform lives,” we seek to build teams that leverage diverse perspectives to create an innovative and welcoming environment.
To that end, we make employment decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Social Solutions does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.