Solutions Analyst, Enterprise at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2020 "Best Place to Work" in several cities, is looking for a Solutions Analyst for our Austin Office to enable our Enterprise customers to meet their business requirements with their online stores. You will use your unparalleled consultative skills to help our Enterprise customers during onboarding to the BigCommerce platform and throughout the customer lifecycle. The right candidate will possess strong client relationship skills, the ability to communicate effectively, and the creativity to engineer solutions for the ever growing enterprise companies bringing SaaS ecommerce into their ecosystem.
What You’ll Do
- Serve in the role of product subject matter expert to assist the Customer Success Management team by providing technical expertise, assistance troubleshooting issues, and identifying expansion opportunities.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new, existing, and emerging services, technologies, and platforms to help meet business requirements.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Account Managers and Implementation Managers to assist in solution feasibility/estimates, help develop overall implementation plan, and serve as subject matter expert to implement solutions
- Provide technical advice regarding architectural questions, solution deployment prerequisites and features to clients and internal stakeholders.
- Understand how to conduct requirements, design, implementation, and operations phases of a project
- Assist in gathering customer business requirements, and assist in forming a Business Requirements Document (BRD).
- Collaborate with internal team and partners to help create a Functional Specification Document to meet customer’s business needs and help drive implementation.
- Help perform consultative, solutions-based design for business clients who desire outsourced infrastructure options to enhance their own technical capabilities
- Help provide consultative services based on prospect’s requirements and available product offerings
- You will assist the Customer Success team in a pre/post-sales technical process: installation, deployment, training, technical check-ups, and escalation management
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a technical discipline (e.g., engineering) or equivalent required.
- 2+ years of experience in developing and implementing integration solutions around key technologies.
- 1+ years experience successfully developing and executing SaaS implementation projects from pre-sales to customer success including solution scoping and gap analysis, enterprise cloud systems integration, data migration, customer launch, and technical operations and troubleshooting.
- A hands-on analyst, technologist, and architect who has deep experience developing and delivering enterprise solutions on cloud platforms. The analyst will have responsibility to help develop an overall architecture for the solution; for ensuring the completeness of the architecture, in terms of adequately addressing all the stakeholders needs.
- The position will reside within the Professional Services team, reporting to the lead Solutions Architect, and will work closely with internal sales engineers, Customer Success Managers, Account Managers, Onboarding Consultants, and external customer technical/business resources. The Solutions Analyst will work with customers to understand their business objectives and functional requirements and assist in the technical efforts to ensure the successful implementation of those requirements to achieve stated business objectives.
- A highly creative technical individual that can quickly learn various product offerings and/or applications, and then translate information learned into multiple technical solutions. Will need to quickly scale up in knowledge around Enterprise level apps/partners at BigCommerce to quickly determine the most efficient solution that also meets the budget needs of Mid-Market to Enterprise level ecommerce clients.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Knowledge in architecting commercial-scale cloud systems leveraging IaaS, PaaS or SaaS infrastructure.
- Understanding of various database architectures (RDBMS, NoSQL, Document database, etc.)
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs, SOA/Web Services, ecommerce, content management systems, internet security standards, and fraud prevention.
- Strong understanding of other services and services providers in the following Cloud service layers: IaaS (AWS, Google, etc.), SaaS (Salesforce, Successfactors, etc.), PaaS (Azure, Amazon AWS, Google App Engine)
- Strong understanding and experience integrating with and designing for SaaS providers
- Basic skillset in the implementation of security standards in code such as OAuth, SAML, and other Tokenization and authentication methods and systems; understanding of security, SSO and federation technologies as applied cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with waterfall/SDLC processes, agile development methodologies, and post-production release processes
- Experience in the ecommerce industry.
- Excellent communications skills – both verbal and writing with experience producing requirements and design documentation to be leveraged as inputs to design/development and SOWs
- Experience performing needs assessments, and making recommendations based on the discovered needs
- Ability to document solution components in a timely manner while ensuring acceptable level of detail, data integrity, and accountability
- Experience with distributed systems and web architecture
- Experience with modern software engineering concepts, the software life cycle, and application software development using a variety of technologies.
- Experience in defining highly available solutions.
- Perform hands-on solution design, solution architectures, architecture roadmaps, prototyping, proof-of-concepts, and development tasks as required in support of current and new projects
- Ensure solution is scalable and meets overall business requirements
- Experience in hands on design, prototyping, development, configurations, testing and other implementation activities
- Ability to develop appropriate solution design and reference architectures to drive high-scale system adoption and global deployment performance optimization.
- Ability to work with customers to develop and deliver solution roadmap guidance and continuity planning across major versions of our software and service offerings.
- Ideal work experience would include all of the following: technical consulting, solution design, project envisioning, planning, development, and deployment.
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Excellent and proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient with common office applications, including MS Office Suite, Lucid Charts, Salesforce, and Project Management software.
- Periodic travel will likely be required