Solutions Architect Associate (Austin) at MongoDB
Service Center Pre-Sales Solutions Architect (Austin)
MongoDB is growing and gaining adoption rapidly across the globe with the most demanding and innovative companies and development teams in enterprise software.
We are looking for passionate technologists to join our Pre-Sales organization to ensure that our growth is grounded and guided by strong technical alignment with our platform and the needs of our customers.
MongoDB Pre-Sales Solution Architects are responsible for guiding our customers and users to design and build reliable, scalable systems using our data platform. Our team is made up of seasoned software architects, entrepreneurs, and developers who take direct responsibility for customer success, including the design of their software, deployment, and operations. You'll work closely with our sales reps and play a key role in winning deals and driving the business forward. You'll be a trusted advisor to a wide range of users from startups to the world's largest enterprise IT organizations. The Service Center Solution Architect is often the first technical contact for the customer and performs a variety of tasks such as remote demos, determining customer requirements and supporting the global sales team with technical questions.
As an ideal candidate, you will have
- A mind for technology - we’ll teach you all about MongoDB and databases, but our customers and products are inherently technical and you should have an aptitude and curiosity to learn about those concepts
- Working knowledge and ability to code a modern scripting language (e.g. Python, Node.js, SQL) and/or popular programming languages (e.g. C/C++, Java, C#)
- Experience with or knowledge of scalable and highly available distributed systems
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- The ability to be adaptive to an ever-changing environment, where you are constantly improving yourself, your team and (y)our processes
- High levels of organization in your workflows - you understand what it means to work with lots of customers and to prioritize and manage your time efficiently
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
As an ideal candidate, you may also have
- 1+ years of pre-sales experience with enterprise software
- 1+ years of software development experience
- Experience selling or working with databases and/or deploying applications with any of the major cloud providers
- Experience with database programming and data models
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*