A Solutions Architect will be responsible for a lot of important business and technical functions at Coder. They will engage directly with customers during the pre-sales and post-sales motions by providing product demos, giving deployment guidance, managing the customer lifecycle to ensure Coder is successfully deployed into the customer’s environment, keeping technical documentation up to date, and being the direct technical point of contact to handle customer issues during the post deployment maintenance / upgrade delivery phase.
The role requires great interpersonal and technical skills in order to successfully manage the customer lifecycle. A background as a software developer or DevOps engineer with hands on experience using Kubernetes, Docker, and IaaS providers is a requirement for the position as our product is highly dependent on these technologies.
- Conceptualize and communicate how Coder’s product can create value for prospective customers
- Design and deliver product presentations/demonstrations based on customer assessment
- Perform customer on-boarding, periodic reviews, and proactively alert customers of any impending issues
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the company products, functions, features, and benefits
- Predict issues/concerns and ability to elevate them to the appropriate point of contact and managing to a swift resolution
- Enhance the support of technical assistance for customers on all aspects of Coder’s products
- Technologies you will be working with on a daily basis: Kubernetes, Docker, and Helm
- Updating product docs, writing how-to guides, statements of work for contracts, etc
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Hands on experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and a deep understanding of Linux
- Background as a Developer
- 5+ years of technical sales experience, preferably with a start up
- Results oriented, resourceful problem-solver, comfortable working in a demanding, fast-paced, high growth technical environment
- Customer focus (internal and external) with a strong customer service mentality
- Strong background with cloud based services and products
- Able to make effective presentations or demonstrations in time-constrained situations
- Ability to work under pressure and work on multiple projects
What Makes Coder Different?
Coder is an engineering-first organization. Our product is built by engineers, for engineers. We’re committed to building an organization and product optimized for engineering happiness. You can expect a fast-paced workflow and minimal meetings.
Our basic requirements for employment are:
- A passion for your craft
- A desire to be successful
Coder has two guiding management principles:
- Context Over Control
- Autonomy over Alignment
Coder believes that knowledgeable workers produce their best work when given ample information and high-level missions, not task lists. We assign employees to business areas and hold employees accountable to business areas.
Coder believes that teams produce their best results when given all the internal resources to produce a business outcome. Coder minimizes department tribalism by closely grouping cross-disciplinary employees.
Coder strives to constantly grow and dominate. We need the best people in every function to make this happen, and we pay accordingly.
Furthermore, we want everyone to feel ownership of the company’s successes and failures, so we grant generous stock options to every employee.
We believe that pay raises set a new expectation for performance, while bonuses reward past work beyond expectation. We give cash bonuses at the end of each year, and we evaluate raises every summer and winter.
Workflow: We spend our time creating accelerated workflows for developers. It is logical and natural that our own workflows are just as streamlined.
Candor: Our team improves from continuous constructive feedback. We look for employees who are open and honest with their team.
Ownership: Team members are responsible for their specific part of the company. We take pride in what we do and what we create; constructive feedback and diverse opinions will keep us on a path of continual success.
Read Full Job Description