Blackbaud is the leading provider of cloud software solutions, services, expertise and data intelligence to the global social good community, focused on fundraising, financial management, CRM, marketing and more. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundations, corporations, education institutions and the individual change agents who support them. We help over 35,000 organization realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
About the role:
Blackbaud is looking for a Solutions Architect to focus on the Luminate Online market. The Solutions Architect team works alongside the Sales and Marketing organizations in support of strategic sales pursuits and business development opportunities. They help the account teams identify, pursue and close strategic sales opportunities for the largest and most sophisticated organizations we serve, while continually driving add-on business within existing customer accounts. As part of this, Solutions Architects must be effective in fostering executive level relationships. Throughout the sales process, from initial discovery to contract execution, a Solutions Architect must work with and often lead cross-functional pursuit teams. Ultimately, the Solutions Architect remains of the owner of the technical design of the solutions proposed to customers and prospects.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a strategic and technical resource for the Sales and Solutions Engineering teams leading pursuit of large or strategic sales opportunities needing creative and complex solutions.
- Be the “trusted advisor” during the sales cycle, gaining the confidence of the customer or prospect by offering consultation and recommendations drawing from industry and technology know-how as well as past experiences.
- Develop key relationships with customers and prospects at an executive level to advance the sale or to further develop the revenue stream associated with the account. Leverage those relationships to expand business through a consultative selling approach.
- Define a technical sales strategy, including assembling and directing a team of key contributors from other departments such as Customer Operations, Solutions Engineering or Product Management to assist with the pursuit and solution presentations.
- Lead in-depth discovery and assessment workshops (often in collaboration with key contributors from pursuit team), facilitating outcome-focused dialogue to understand, define and document customer requirements.
- Conduct solution development sessions with pursuit team, identifying the best solution fit based on requirements uncovered during discovery. In addition to core Blackbaud solutions, recommendation may include partner or third-party solutions, customizations, or recommended changes to customer business processes.
- Document proposed solution (i.e. solution diagram) that fully meets all technical and business requirements, addresses workflow processes, and considers integration of proposed solution into customer’s environment.
- Present proposed solution (in collaboration with other members of the pursuit team if necessary), demonstrating how solution addresses requirements, articulating business value, showcasing ROI.
- Partner with Customer Operations to gather requirements for and prescribe custom Services solutions to ensure customer requirements are met in scoping exercises and service delivery plans.
- Advise Account Executives and Solutions Engineers as needed on strategic pursuits not directly involved in.
- Maintain expert-level knowledge in consultative selling, Blackbaud and third-party solutions, competitor information, industry trends, and vertical market(s) to help align customer business needs to products, solutions and services offered. Document and share best practices and case studies.
- Work closely with other Sales and Marketing to identify, develop, and support business development activities. This may include developing solution GTM strategies, integrated solution planning, lead generation, and long-term account strategy to develop future pursuits.
- Align and partner with Product Management to help drive appropriate product enhancements and changes to technology roadmap. Recommend the development of new capabilities in support of market and customer needs.
- Frequently represent Blackbaud through non-pursuit related presentations to various audiences at investor briefings, partner meetings, conferences, user groups and other Marketing events.
- Independently participate in thought leadership activities, including (but not limited to) written articles for blogs or publications, creation of Blackbaud marketing collateral and authoring best practice guides for sales activities.
What we’ll want you to have:
- Ability to operate under minimal supervision leading strategic account level deals
- Strong listening skills; demonstrated ability to ask effective need-development questions
- Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication
- Experience developing and delivering presentations both to executive-level and working-level audiences
- Ability to translate technical features into business benefits
- Deep Nonprofit accounting and Fundraising expertise required
- Prior knowledge or experience working with Blackbaud products strongly preferred
- Knowledge and experience working within a solution-selling or consultative selling environment
- Bachelor's Degree
- Willingness to travel up to 50% in support of sales pursuits and Marketing events
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary, commission, 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25, we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement