Coder is a remote-first company, with our home base in Austin, TX.
A Solutions Architect will be responsible for a lot of important business and technical functions at Coder. They will engage directly with customers during the pre-sales and post-sales motions by providing product demos, giving deployment guidance, managing the customer lifecycle to ensure Coder is successfully deployed into the customer’s environment, keeping technical documentation up to date, and being the direct technical point of contact to handle customer issues during the post deployment maintenance / upgrade delivery phase.
The role requires great interpersonal and technical skills in order to successfully manage the customer lifecycle. A background as a software developer or DevOps engineer with hands on experience using Kubernetes, Docker, and IaaS providers is a requirement for the position as our product is highly dependent on these technologies.
- Conceptualize and communicate how Coder’s product can create value for prospective customers
- Design and deliver product presentations/demonstrations based on customer assessment
- Perform customer on-boarding, periodic reviews, and proactively alert customers of any impending issues
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the company products, functions, features, and benefits
- Predict issues/concerns and ability to elevate them to the appropriate point of contact and managing to a swift resolution
- Enhance the support of technical assistance for customers on all aspects of Coder’s products
- Technologies you will be working with on a daily basis: Kubernetes, Docker, and Helm
- Updating product docs, writing how-to guides, statements of work for contracts, etc
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Hands on experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and a deep understanding of Linux
- Background as a Developer
- 5+ years of technical sales experience, preferably with a start up
- Results oriented, resourceful problem-solver, comfortable working in a demanding, fast-paced, high growth technical environment
- Customer focus (internal and external) with a strong customer service mentality
- Strong background with cloud based services and products
- Able to make effective presentations or demonstrations in time-constrained situations
- Ability to work under pressure and work on multiple projects
We believe that the interview process should be consistent and enjoyable. We prefer to have the entire process take no more than 3 full weeks. During these 3 weeks you will be able to meet a mix of individual contributors, managers, and one of our Co-Founders. If you interview for a position that requires a take home assessment, we will compensate you for your work and time spent.
What Makes Coder Different?
Coder is an engineering-first organization. Our product is built by engineers, for engineers. We’re committed to building an organization and product optimized for engineering happiness. You can expect a fast-paced workflow and minimal meetings. Coder is a remote first company with our HQ in Austin, TX. 🤠
Our basic requirements for employment are:
- A passion for your craft
- A desire to be successful
If you do not meet the above criteria, but still believe that you can deliver results, please write a brief description detailing how you intend to do that
We are an Equal Opportunity EmployerAll qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, age, national origin, military status, religion, or disability or any other legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description