In a world where shipping expectations and complexity are greater than ever, Shipwell is on a mission to empower supply chain efficiency at scale across every company size, stage, and industry. Supply chain solutions today are highly disconnected, rigid, and difficult to use, but Shipwell is disrupting the status quo. Our solution combines everything our customers need in a comprehensive platform that adapts as the market and business demands change, so they can effectively manage the entire process in one place and never have to rip and replace. Shipwell is proud to be recognized by industry experts as a leader in shipping and logistics, including Gartner Magic Quadrant for TMS and Forbes 2020 Next Billion-Dollar Startup. Join us and be part of the Shipping Evolution(R)
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!
About the Role
As a Solution Architect with Shipwell you will be first and foremost customer focused! You will succeed in this role if you are a highly technical individual who feels as comfortable working with tech leaders to map out software delivery initiative roadmaps as you do writing code. You will work with customers from the planning phase through maintaining the system. You will be their primary technical contact at Shipwell and establish relationships with admins and their tech leaders.What you’ll do when you get here:
- Managing, interpreting, and documenting customer requirements; speaking with clients to understand, anticipate and meet their needs
- Be the primary point of contact and trusted advisor in a technical capacity for customers
- Help transform software delivery at some of the largest organizations through hands-on assistance
- Demonstrate leadership in owning the development and delivery of adaptive solutions
- Managing customer success criteria, understand the pulse of the customer, and providing an exceptional experience
- Build customer-specific roll-out plans and timelines
- Work closely with the Customer Success to field customer questions and requests for services
- Track and share progress with our customers to ensure expectations are clear and progress is being made
- Discover issues that arise and create plans to solve their problems
- Be on constant watch for process improvements
- Seek out automation opportunities for repetitive tasks
- Travel increase as things get safer to client locations
What you need to have:
- 5+ years working creatively with customers to understand technical and business requirements in this role or something similar
- A demonstrable comfort in both facilitating and developing solutions
- Implement and test solutions based on requirements and customer feedback
- An understanding of several of these methodologies and tools:
- Software development methods such as Agile, Scrum, Lean, Waterfall
- Software project tools like JIRA, Trello,
- Strong knowledge of enterprise application integration technologies (API, EDI, etc.)
- Familiarity with SAP, Oracle, and/or other ERP systems
- Ability to connect with people, lead client projects, and help clients solve problems with Shipwell
- Strong ability to cheerfully handle client expectations and project scope during all stages of a client engagement
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivation, energy, and enthusiasm
- 401k plan
- Generous parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity opportunity
- Team building events and office competitions
- Friendly, talented, and inclusive company culture
- Office in Austin, TX or 100% remote
- Health, vision, dental, teladoc, HSA, FSA, & Life insurance
- Incredible growth opportunity at a fast growing company
- Subsidized wifi, cell phone, and educational reimbursements
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
Here at Shipwell, we are a Remote Forward company. You have the opportunity to work at our office located in Austin, TX or you can choose to be fully remote.
Shipwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any sort. We do celebrate diversity and believe experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Diversity in our team makes for better problem solving, more creative thinking, and ultimately a better product and company culture.
Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of impact, dedication, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Shipwell strives to have an inclusive work environment; so if you are hard working & good at what you do then please come as you are. We want you to contribute, grow, & learn at Shipwell and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We are looking forward to adding new perspectives to our team!
For more information about Shipwell visit shipwell.com, or connect with us on Twitter @shipwell, LinkedIn, and Facebook.com/Shipwellinc.