Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
This role will be focused on working with Medallia’s Public Sector team, a fast-growing, entrepreneurial team dedicated to improving the citizen experience at organizations such as the Veterans Affairs.
• Serve as the subject matter expert on the Medallia technology for the Public Sector Practice - in both internal and customer-facing aspects
• Liaison between Public Sector Practice and Medallia’s product team to help shape future development and produce creative, product-based solutions to customer challenges
• Stay informed of the latest evolutions in the Medallia technology in order to educate the broader Public Sector Sales team and recommend how advancements fit into strategy
• Support proposal writing with respect to technical questions
• Prepare scope documents, and professional services pricing estimates using internal calculators and documents
Solution Planning and Design
• Architects an appropriate technical solution to meet the customer's business requirements
• Investigates and optimizes a solution's fit to the requirements of an opportunity, both current and future
• Adapts solution design to new requirements
• Establishes the validity of a solution and its components
• Identifies the growth path and scalability options of a solution and includes these in design activities
• Generates an implementation plan with timelines for the solution
• Anticipates and plans for competitive threats
• Maintains excellent communications with customer executive management across the Region
• Represents the company as a technical expert with customers; shares knowledge in the area of expertise and links to related technology areas
• Advances opportunities through the use of effective consultative selling techniques.Communicates and articulates the details of their component roles in a proposed customer solution
In this role, you will support the Sales Team with:
• Product Demonstrations – Address business concerns and highlight their Medallia-enabled solutions using demos
• Customer Discovery – Build relationships with customers to identify gaps and limitations with their current process/solutions
• Customer Success Stories – Bring the Medallia solution to life with authentic customer examples during demos
• Competitive Analysis – Differentiate Medallia from other Solutions in the marketplace
• Solution Design – Design a comprehensive CEM Solution for the customer based on their requirements and corporate goals
• RFP’s – Respond to RFP with Medallia Best Practices
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a Customer Facing role, ability to articulate and present solutions to customers
- Minimum of 3 years experience and a demonstrated track record of success within the Public Sector
- Experience contributing to proposals and RFP’s
- Results-oriented, prioritizes work activities, plans and stays organized in order to meet commitments
- Excellent business and technical presentation skills, communication (oral & written), and relationship building skills, across all levels of management
- Ability to travel minimum of 30%
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience in software/technology and ideally in pre or post-sales supportDemonstrated interest in technology, including comfort with technical concepts and ability to become a subject matter expert with new technology applications
- Experience with Cross-Channel Customer Experience, Voice of the Customer, Customer Satisfaction, Enterprise Feedback Management, Customer Insight, Survey Methodology and Best Practices, Quantitative Analysis, Net Promoter Score
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.