Solutions Engineer, Cloud at Unity Technologies
At Unity Cloud (a division of Unity Technologies) we are re-inventing the way multiplayer games are built, launched and supported. We focus on providing innovative solutions that ease the development and launch of the online games with our suite of tightly coupled services. Our services range from hybrid multi-cloud scaling technology with 24/7 live operations though to voice communications and content delivery, we support the world’s biggest games enabling a premium player experience. At our core, we are passionate about gaming and keeping gamers online.
We are looking for a highly motivated, technically focused, Sales Solutions Engineer to support our Austin Business Development organisation. Your role will be an integral part of our Sales Team, working closely with our Integrations Engineers and Account Managers to assist with onboarding of new customers.
As a Sales Solutions Engineer, you’re an experienced in the nuances of server hosting, adept at defining solutions that meet the business and technical requirements of existing and prospective customers. We are looking for someone self-directed, capable of owning technical sales activities, managing the customer pre-sales technical relationship, and assuming subject matter expert responsibilities. You will support the entire sales process, and collaborate with our customers’ technical teams to win new projects, grow existing deployments, and support the customer pre-sales to ensure a successful experience. You’ll also serve as a trusted advisor to educate existing and prospective customers about the benefits of Multiplay products through workshops, presentations and site visits. You will have an excellent attention to detail, ability to prioritise tasks and awesome communication skills.
- Be knowledgeable of the ever changing ecosystem that is Game Server Hosting
- Enable the Sales organisation to succeed, by supporting the Sales Process
- Assist with customer queries on platform related specifics
- Coordinate and communicate with Sales Representatives in sales activities
- Proactive in keeping up-to-date with internal systems, processes, best practises and business policies
- Document and communicate customer and sales needs to a wide team on a regular basis, to collaborate on improvements and new efficiencies
- Hosting related or comparable experience, with a deep technical knowledge of server hardware and networking
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimal direction - with excellent verbal and written communication skills, to engage with peers, customers and internal partners at all levels in the organisation
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks, taking responsibility for own workload and a sense of urgency in identifying problems & brainstorming solutions, helping us to support customers and the Sales Team
- Lateral thinker to fulfill the requirements of the customer utilizing in house technology
- Excellent working knowledge of the game hosting industry including all different types of hosting environments (for example Bare metal, Cloud, Private Cloud)
- Experience with Salesforce
- Working knowledge of basic scripting and programming
- B2B Customer/Sales Support experience desirable
- Knowledge/experience of the Gaming Industry
- An understanding of game logic, behaviour and associated problems faced by a Game Developer.
- Visio or similar experience
- Happy giving constructive feedback to customers
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.