SailPoint, the leader in enterprise identity management, brings the Power of Identity to customers around the world. SailPoint’s open identity platform gives organizations the power to enter new markets, scale their workforces, embrace new technologies, innovate faster and compete on a global basis. As both an industry pioneer and market leader in identity governance, SailPoint delivers security, operational efficiency and compliance to enterprises with complex IT environments. SailPoint's customers are among the world’s largest companies in virtually every industry, including: 9 of the top banks, 7 of the top retail brands, 6 of the top healthcare providers, 6 of the top property and casualty insurance providers, and 6 of the top pharmaceutical companies.
SailPoint is seeking a Sr. Director, Sales Engineering to support our direct sales engineering team. You will play a critical role in growing SailPoint’s business by building and leading a high performing team of Sales Engineers. Our Sales Engineers play a vital role in demonstrating and communicating the value of SailPoint’s products and thought leadership to our prospective customers in the Identity Governance market.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Hire, coach and drive an outstanding Sales Engineering team to deliver against assigned goals
- Manage individual and team performance ensuring that we are taking the necessary actions to maintain high levels of performance
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills, and strong management consulting skills to influence thinking or gain acceptance of multiple customer constituencies
- Work to improve the SailPoint sales methodology and processes effectively, including development of product presentations and demonstrations tailored to our partners requirements and tuned to suit the level and nature of the audience
- Assess gaps in evolving training needs and then create and implement programs to improve sales, product and technology skills of the Sales Engineering team
- Work with Regional Sales directors on account planning, strategy and sales call activity
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly field sales, product management and marketing
- Manage relationships with product teams & decision makers both internally and externally
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience
- Previous experience, 12+ years as a sales engineering manager and 5+ years as a sales engineer
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to a technical and business audiences
- The ideal candidate will already have a good understanding of the solutions, market dynamics and best practices in the Identity Governance market
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.