Sr. Partner Engineer at CrowdStrike
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role
CrowdStrike is expanding our new CrowdStrike Store platform. We are looking for a new team member to join as a Partner Engineer and help us evaluate potential new application partners and guide engineering level architecture and implementation discussions. This role would appeal to someone with a strong technical background, that enjoys working with developers in defining and guiding product development. You enjoy coding but prefer to spend the majority of your day engaging in discussion and focusing on projects that enable productivity of other engineers.
Our goal for the CrowdStrike Store is to create a curated store of apps built by third parties, leveraging the data, infrastructure and services provided by the CrowdStrike Falcon Platform. To achieve that goal we are building an organization wide infrastructure to support the CrowdStrike Store. This role will be critical to help us develop a scalable evaluation and on-boarding partner process for our CrowdStrike Store platform.
- PROCESS: FOR UNDERSTANDING
- REPEATABILITY: FOR SCALABILITY
- AUTOMATE: FOR EFFICIENCY
This role will report to the Sr. Manager of Cloud Engineering and will have a virtual dotted-line to the VP,CrowdStrike Store, serving as a crucial member of the virtual CrowdStrike Store team. As a member of the team you will help bring potential CrowdStrike Store partners through the evaluation process to launch funnel by reviewing new use cases and application partners.
Once we have identified that a partner has a valid use case and capable technology, this role will provide guidance and architectural oversight to ensure partner applications are conforming to best practices and making the most effective use of our platform. This requires a very strong understanding of how external users can make use of APIs and event driven systems. Through this process you will act as an advocate for CrowdStrike’s developer ecosystem and be a key contributor to influencing roadmap direction for the platform and product engineering teams.
As we expand the platform to offer more features and services, this role will evolve and not only help on-board new partners but help existing partner innovate and extend their application. Candidates must be comfortable in the role of architecture, engineer and technical partner engagement. You will work very closely with the Store Engineering, Business Development & Product Management teams to help prioritize, on-board and enable partners.
About the CrowdStrike Store
The CrowdStrike Store is a critical component of our customer value proposition, creating incremental value with each application. The CrowdStrike Store has the objective to become the platform which all security vendors utilize making it easier for customers to consume security and stop breaches.
The CrowdStrike Store will have three primary target audiences
- Developers and ISVs
- Internal stakeholders, especially Sales, Marketing and Product Management
Qualifications and Skills
- Engineering degree or commensurate experience
- 5+ years of experience as a partner/sales engineer or software engineer.
- Strong understanding of leveraging APIs to integrate disparate systems.
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal. You will need to explain/discuss complex technical topics to varying audiences.
- Comfortable working remotely, at CrowdStrike offices or at partner locations
- Comfortable coordinating via tools like Zoom and Slack
- Willingness to travel and develop relationships with partner engineers
- Recommend integration strategies and enterprise architectures to guide partner app development.
- Work closely with Engineering, Product Management and Business Development to qualify, prioritize, onboard and enable partners developing apps for the CrowdStrike Store.
- Own the technical relationship with partners, enabling them to drive new innovations through the CrowdStrike Falcon Platform.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.