Sr. Partner Manager, Payments Revenue (Remote) at BigCommerce
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
This position can be performed in Austin, TX, or remotely, depending upon which location the applicant chosen for the role is currently residing. The candidate must live within the US.
Reporting to our Director of Strategic Business Development, who leads a distributed team of business development and partner management employees for the company, you’ll have a large impact on the ongoing success of the company by handling our global strategic partnerships to provide our merchants with elite product solutions and deliver material top-line revenue growth for the company.What You’ll Do:
- Handle global strategic payment partnerships. Maintain relationships with decision makers at the executive and management levels, with a focus on ecommerce payments, digital wallets, financing, fintech and fraud management.
- Drive revenue by serving as the Monthly Recurring Revenue Leader (aka MRR Czar), coordinating all activities for the POD and ensuring alignment with and achievement of our POD targets.
- Mentor a small team of Partner Managers and develop them into future leaders for the team.
- Collaborate and lead cross-functional teams to develop go-to-market strategies and business plans for partner solutions and features, with an emphasis on driving net new business to the partner and BigCommerce. Specifically, this role will participate in designing and launching sell with and sell through merchant acquisition programs, which may include email campaigns, in-product messaging, co-selling, and upsell campaigns.
- Lead new opportunities within partnerships through creative critical thinking to capitalize on new revenue potential and innovative product enhancements.
- Act as primarily point of contact / product strategy owner for assigned partnerships.
- Work with partners to develop and beat business success metrics, including specific KPIs that drive merchant adoption and revenue growth for both BigCommerce and the partner.
- Help advise BigCommerce Product, Marketing and Client Success teams to perfect merchant experiences and support for partner solutions via the BigCommerce platform.
- Work closely with the BigCommerce Product and Client Success teams to ensure smooth onboarding experiences and servicing processes of acquired merchants using partner integrations via the BigCommerce platform.
- Work closely with the Partner and Customer Marketing teams to design and implement communications activities, ensuring high retention of acquired merchants.
- Build excellent working relationships with all key business leaders, colleagues and broader teams.
- Develop methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
- Develop a thorough understanding of both BigCommerce (i.e. products, services, and value proposition) and of the key attributes of the best BigCommerce Strategic Partners.
Who You Are:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree, ideally in business or similar field is preferred.
- Partner Management Experience: 7+ years experience managing partnerships and coordinating and designing co-marketing programs with partners to drive merchant awareness and revenue growth in a high volume, fast-paced environment. Director-level experience preferred.
- Payments Skill - Experience in the payment industry, specifically online payment processing from a merchant, shopper and technology provider perspective is a plus.
- E-commerce Competence - Experience within a SaaS platform or eCommerce organization driving adoption of a SaaS-based solution with Partners and their clients.
- Strategic - You thrive on challenges, are agile, possess a great deal of perspective and have a clear vision, tolerance for risk, and ability to navigate ambiguous situations.
- Eye For Business - You know how businesses work, keep up with relevant practices and trends, and know the competition.
- Master Communicator - You provide the information people to the right people at the right time in the right way, adjusting your approach to fit the audience and setting (one-on-one, small and large groups, peers, direct reports, and leaders inside and outside the organization). Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client / partner relationship skills are critical.
- Comfortable using technology - Strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. Knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
- Leadership by Example - You act with integrity and purpose, and clearly define objectives for your team. You are accountable for the results.
- Driven Doer - You flourish with challenges and have a proven history of successfully, consistently achieving revenue quotas and objectives, within a complex client acquisition driven business, preferably in the mid-market or enterprise space.
- Productive - You have a passion for getting things done, carry out responsibilities with minimal direction, enjoy working hard, are full of energy for challenges, and seize opportunities more than others.
- Organized - You can marshal the resources you need to get things done, simultaneously manage multiple priorities and/or projects, and deliver key landmarks on time.
- Composed - You are cool under pressure, professionally mature, and know how to remain collected and focused in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment.
- A Planner - You have strong attention to detail, accurately scope out the length and difficulty of tasks and projects, anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks, and easily develop and maintain schedules.
- Focused - You are bottom-line oriented, can be counted on to exceed goals, and are constantly pushing yourself and others for results.
- Flexible - You not only cope with change, you thrive on it and can shift gears comfortably.
- Personable - You are positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Achiever - You have worked for industry leading technology companies, including very fast-paced startups at our stage and in a similar or adjacent technology sector, and have a proven history of successfully, consistently achieving quotas and objectives.
- Online payments geek - You are passionate about our space, with deep ecommerce domain expertise, in particular for the Small and Midmarket segments.
- Connected - You have a network and established relationships with key decision-makers that extends to the executive level within the commerce and adjacent technology sectors.
- Driven - You’ve demonstrated a clear trajectory of professional growth over time and have prior experience building shareholder value through business development.
- Transformative - Ability to Think Big and plan for the future with imagination and wisdom.
- Analytical - High degree of discernment and ability to provide consistent, accurate forecasts.
- Solution Oriented - Ability to identify and creatively solve sophisticated problems, including matters related to systems and processes.
- Agile - Capable of thoughtful yet rapid adaptation in response to changes in competitors, technologies, or market conditions.
- Master Influencer - Excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills are critical.
- Collaborative - Ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners such as Marketing, Product, Engineering, and Sales.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.
- Efficient - Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Diligent - Passion for service and satisfaction and ability to handle sensitive information and numerous details with ease.
- Techie - Strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. A basic understanding of HTML, CSS and internet technologies (shopping carts, web hosting, email and online marketing tools) a plus.
- Travel Flexible - Ability to travel domestically or internationally as needed (est. 8-12 weeks per year).
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.