Sr. Solutions Engineer at Bright Health
- Leads the analysis of the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies, legacy and technical debt, and recommends solutions for improvement.
- Work closely with our Security Team to ensure our solutions are secure and adhere to SOC2 and HITRUST compliance.
- Periodically provide senior management with an overview of initiatives, plans, and roadmaps.
- Defines high-level migration plans to address the gaps between the future and current state, typically in sync with the IT budgeting or other capital planning processes.
- Analyzes and Evaluates Technology · Understands technology trends and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
- Oversees and facilitates the research, evaluation, and selection of hardware and software technology and product standards, as well as the design of standard configurations.
- Oversees, or consults on, technology implementation and modification activities (for example, projects and products), particularly for new or shared infrastructure solutions.
- Creates and delivers working, production-ready reference implementations that can be leveraged easily by agile teams.
- Collaborates with business constituents, other EA team members, project teams and staff in various IT functional areas as needed to fulfill the responsibilities described above.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information-technology, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three years of design and implementation experience in IT, with a deep knowledge in a minimum of two of the following technical disciplines: infrastructure and network design, application development, application programming interfaces (APIs), servers and storage, database management and operations, clustering technologies, virtualization, cloud technologies and active directory and protocols
- Knowledge of financial models and budgeting
- Understanding of network and security architecture
- Understanding and knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies (such as waterfall, spiral, agile software development, rapid prototyping, incremental, synchronize and stabilize, and DevOps)
- Understanding and knowledge of IT service management (ITSM) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Understanding and knowledge of User Access Controls, Identity and Access Management, Role Based Access Controls, and Zero Trust principles and architectures.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership and manage technical projects, including identification of project scope, requirements, deliverables, and coordination of project design and implementation activities
- Organizationally savvy, with understanding of the political climate of the enterprise and how to navigate obstacles and politics.
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations and how they relate to achieving targeted business outcomes
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of technology alternatives
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of existing, new and emerging technologies that enable and drive new business designs and models