RigUp is changing the way work is done in the Defense industry. Each one of our teams exists to move us closer to our north star -- “to empower the people who power the world.” The Defense team at RigUp is responsible for enabling the success of our Maritime operations and growth opportunities. Our contractors are the ones on the front lines building the infrastructure and assets that power / protect our nation. We aim to make placement easier and more accessible for field workers while providing a better experience for our clients.
RigUp is hiring a Strategic Account Manager, Defense that will be responsible for facilitating business development initiatives for our Maritime business. As the Strategic Account Manager, you will be aiding with the strategy and implementation support to ensure that your clients’ needs are met from a holistic program perspective. Additionally, the Strategic Account Manager will also support business development initiatives and proposals related to opportunities within the United States with the opportunity to expand globally. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, finds purpose in building businesses, and strives to exceed their quota every month. Sound like you? Keep reading.
What you'll be doing:
- History of growing book of business through relationship and strategic selling
- Deep network within Defense contractor industry (maritime preferred) and the ability to influence those decision makers
- Sense of urgency to get things done while paying attention to the details; we are get excited about large step functions in growth
- Understanding of temporary labor market
- Transformation and improvement experience; being able to spot gaps / issues and solution towards process improvement
- Experience identifying and developing key metrics to drive and manage team performance
- Strong people management skills; know how to build and develop high performing teams
- Strong communication and collaboration skills; ability to work across a matrixed organization effectively
- Customer / client experience design mindset
- Team player, willing to wear multiple hats, roll up sleeves, and get the job done
What you should have:
- 5-10 years of experience in strategic selling and account management
- Top sales / account management performer; think 10x book growth year over year
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience providing meeting support and developing communications materials
- Experience or knowledge pertaining to civilian and military construction
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance
- Location flexible; Virginia Beach, Norfolk, San Diego, or Austin preferred
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
RigUp is a technology company that's building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by a16z, Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $423.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the energy field.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Read Full Job Description