Kazoo is the only all-in-one people management solution in the market that takes recognition, engagement, and performance and delivers them in one powerful platform. Through its Recognition & Rewards, Performance Management, and Surveys offerings, Kazoo is an award-winning, employee-first solution that increases productivity, retention, and revenue, and enables companies to build a purpose-driven culture of high engagement and high performance. With over 500 global customers, the Kazoo platform puts actionable analytics in the hands of business leaders, connecting them to what really matters. Kazoo is when work is working.
Our approach is employee-driven, not top-down. We built our platform, and our company, with a promise to give employees what they need to deeply engage in their work and with their colleagues, and to drive results for the company. Our focus is on building teams, cross-functional collaboration, and purposeful perks. We practice transparency, provide a culture of continuous feedback, and promote regular service to our community.
Overview of the role:
We are looking for an extraordinarily motivated Strategic Account Manager to join our world-class team in Austin, TX or Chicago, IL. The SAM is a dynamic leader who can comfortably serve as the central point of contact for Kazoo’s most strategic and largest accounts. You will work with our customers’ executives, HR team, and stakeholders. As the Strategic Account Manager, you will act as an extension of our customer’s team. You will need to be naturally curious and a dedicated problem solver, well versed in all aspects of customer success, technology and relationship management. In this role, you need to have a good combination of Project Management and Strategic Account Management experience
What awesome stuff you’ll do:
- The primary responsibility of the Strategic Account Manager is managing long-term strategic customer relationships to achieve customer satisfaction, cultivate customer loyalty, ensure recurring revenue and renewals.
- Initiate and develop relationships with multiple individuals within our largest accounts, in the C-suite, vice president, and director levels; be able to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Leverage the company's resources and capabilities in creating and fulfilling value-based solutions, to meet both the customers and company's current requirements and expectations as well as future potential.
- Track and measure key metrics against the customer’s goals. We will look to you not only to track these metrics but also to take action to improve these metrics when needed.
- Advocate for the customer. Funneling feedback, ideas, pain points, and feature requests back to the rest of the Kazoo team should become second nature. As a customer advocate, you are managing many different needs, personalities, and departments both at Kazoo and within the customer’s organization.
- Engages with customer business and HR leaders to demonstrate the ROI of the Kazoo platform
- Maintain a leading-edge, consultative capability in the industry. Provide commentary and insights to our customers on industry trends.
- Understand customer needs and allocate resources to address the needs, monitoring follow through on all issues to ensure resolutions meet customer expectations.
- Provide escalation support for at-risk customers, ensuring their needs are met and confidence is restored.
What you'll need to be successful:
- 4+ years of experience in customer success/account management/project management role managing large/enterprise customers at a SaaS company
- Positive, self-starter attitude with a desire to exceed customer expectations and ability to work extended hours when required
- Attention to detail, highly organized, with an absolute focus on the quality of work
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Creative problem solving
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and perform effectively under pressure
- Patient and an acute listener
- Ability to travel 15%
When you work at Kazoo, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better both in and out of the office, which include: health, dental and vision insurance; open vacation policy; flexible wfh policy; 11 paid holidays; 401k program; Stocked kitchen; Mac Laptop; Transportation/Parking Stipend; Generous Parental Leave; Fertility benefits; Breast milk delivery; EAP & more!
At Kazoo, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Kazoo commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Kazoo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.