Strategic Account Manager at A Cloud Guru
TRUSTED ADVISOR | CREATIVE | GOAL-ORIENTED
The Strategic Account manager is responsible for handling the most important client accounts at A Cloud Guru. These accounts make up the highest percentage of our TAM, and the strategic account manager must build and maintain a strong relationship with our clients and partners.
As a Strategic Account Manager at A Cloud Guru, you are the go-to lead for some of the world’s largest and most important companies. You will use your strategic selling and relationship management skills to educate prospective customers on the value of ACG while expanding our market share with our existing customers. You will serve as a trusted advisor, share insights and continually seek opportunities for growth to make your strategic customers as strong and successful as possible. You'll gain cross-functional experience working with multiple parts of ACG business: Customer Success, Operations, Marketing, Product, Content, Support, Consulting, Analytics, etc. You will have a direct impact on helping ACG continue to grow and crush revenue targets.
Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
We're on a mission to teach the WORLD to cloud. A Cloud Guru is the largest online cloud school on the planet. Our training feels more like logging into Netflix or Spotify - it's entertaining and playful. The people are the #1 reason employees say they stay at ACG. We’re a quirky, tight-knit crew that cares about our customers and each other. No egos here. Our leaders encourage thoughtfulness, compassion, being humble, and we have a bit of fun along the way.
It’s an exciting time to join the team, because we’re in a really unique space. We have an amazing product that people want, and we're in an industry that's tripling in size overnight.What makes the Sales team awesome...
We’re serious about keeping work fun and creating new opportunities for organizations and their people. We’d shout it from the rooftops, but we find that calls, emails, and face-to-face chats are more effective. Hunger and passion are great, but they’re nothing without humility. We’re a team that puts our students first and checks our egos at the door. Think: less chest beating, more high fives.
I feel like I'm the CEO of my own business and the sky's the limit! If I work hard, am customer-centric, prioritize, am strategic, and follow a sales process aligned to the customer journey I will win and be successful in my role. - Brenda, Sailing Guru (and Account Executive)As a Strategic Account Manager at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Grow revenue from the named accounts by 50-100%, through upsell on renewals and by identifying and closing new multi-million dollar contracts
- Understand how A Cloud Guru can be used by our customers and make compelling recommendations for additional investments in ACG
- Build account plans for your named accounts to understand key decision makers, org charts, current investment, product utilization and new revenue opportunity
- Understand where the opportunity exists in each account and work closely with your strategic pod to coordinate a strategy for landing and expanding accounts in the portfolio
We are looking for someone who can:
- Coordinate and delegate a cross-functional team of subject matter experts (Customer Success, Marketing, Operations, Product) and other sales professionals to support your accounts
- Plan out your activities and meetings to ensure you are focused on your largest opportunities
- Run a quarterly business review with all your key clients to understand their key company initiatives, review product utilization, provide key updates on ACG and our expanding course and content library, and sell solutions that will address key corporate initiatives
- Use Salesforce.com every day for tracking activities and, most importantly, forecasting
- Communicate with the Executive, Content, and Product teams about what you are hearing from the market and, when appropriate, push the organization to think about what we need to develop to stay competitive
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- 10+ years in quota carrying roles selling Enterprise SaaS solutions, CRM platforms, or software product solutions, or complex solutions
- Successful track record of reaching and/or exceeding quota
- Proven experience managing both directly and indirectly through influence and alignment
- Experience working in high-growth, performance focused environments
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute on account strategy plans, structure complex deals, manage multiple strategic partnerships and develop business to support growth
- Proven track record of exceeding quota and sales targets in a high-growth/fast paced environment
- Experience selling, presenting to and influencing EVPs, C-Level clients and end-users (in the same sales cycle) in both individual and team sale environments
- Superior strategic and analytical and negotiating skills and ability to present complex topics in a way that is simple and easy to understand
- Experience managing large, complex accounts in net new and renewal environment
- Proven success in selling a new, disruptive technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 7+ years experience in Enterprise Sales
- 5+ years of experience managing Enterprise accounts with average contract values well into 6-figures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience selling cloud-based solutions to CIOs, CTOS, and/or L&D leadership preferred
You need hunger and passion to succeed, but you also need humility. It's not about chest beating here. It's about collaboration. –Travis, VP of SalesMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. We get it. That’s why we want all of our Gurus to feel a sense of belonging that comes from feeling supported in all areas of their lives. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Because even when your office is your living room,
- Remotely awesome. Get $500 to level up your home office, monthly snack boxes, free Headspace access, weekly lunch funds, and $50 monthly for internet.
- Human connection. Get to know the Gurus with good times and get-togethers inspired by our values, virtual happy hours, lunchtime trivia, or a socially distanced drive-in movie.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.