Strategic Business Development Associate at Workrise
As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Strategic Business Development Associate that will be joining our Sales and Revenue teams. This role will be responsible for supporting the management in contract development, customer negotiations and product enhancements required to support key sales and business development efforts. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who has proven execution and impact on business development and sales initiatives. They will have the ability to work externally, with leadership and operational teams, at identified customers, with the goal to drive complex projects/development efforts to successful completion by coordinating internal sales and operational efforts. They will also be capable of identifying stakeholders, establishing relationships, and influencing others to get work done. They should have strong verbal and written communication, and presentation skills and excellent judgment, critical-thinking, and decision-making skills; can balance attention to detail with swift execution.
Why Join us? Our Sales and Revenue teams at Workrise is changing the way customers are being taken care of and the way workers are being treated. Come joining us as we empower the people who get hard work done.What you’ll be doing:
- Support Workrise’ rapidly growing sales efforts
- Coordinate with the management to research, identify, analyse, and execute new business development initiatives.
- Be customer and stakeholder focused:
- Support the management in contract development, customer negotiations and product enhancements required to support key efforts
- Coordinate with management to review and improvise the relevant business development activities.
- Be able to work independently to propose solutions to address business needs and evaluate key ideas; expectation to identify the “next idea” and provide a data driven approach for new opportunities
- Bring a sophisticated level of statistical and quantitative analysis to track performance and drive growth in strategic accounts
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business development decisions
- Project manage high impact initiative, holding yourself accountable for decisions and results while working to bridge efforts of cross functional teams.
- Assist with new business or product experimentation including design, roll-out, and monitoring of new revenue generating programs.
- Preferred 3+ years of experience in a similar role, preferably at high-growth startups
- Undergraduate degree preferred or equivalent professional experience in Business, Sales, Statistics, or a comparably quantitatively rigorous field
- Strong Sales acumen and knowledge of sales methodologies (i.e. Challenger, Solution Selling)
- Background in data visualization and reporting, using open source libraries/packages and third-party tools (Tableau or similar)
- Proven execution and impact on initiatives with leadership and product teams
- Able to drive complex projects to successful completion
- Able to identify stakeholders, establish relationships, and influence others to get work done
- Strong verbal and written communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent judgment, critical-thinking, and decision-making skills; can balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Experience working in fast-paced and frequently-changing environments; ability to thrive in ambiguity and self-direct
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!