Strategic Business Development Director at Ascension
Strategic Business Development Director
Travel: Potential, infrequent
Remote: Fully remote
What You Will Do
Reporting to the Senior Director, Strategic Finance, Ascension, the Director, Strategic Business Development is a key member of the Finance Ministry Wide Function(MWF). The position is primarily responsible for coordinating and leading all aspects of the due diligence process and related work streams necessary to affect the successful completion of Ministry Market mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, and other Ascension major transactions and strategic partnerships. The position will direct and collaborate with key leaders from Ascension Information Technologies (AT), The Resource Group (TRG), the Ministry Service Center (MSC), and other Ascension Services businesses and Ministry Wide Functions to complete the due diligence process and ensure successful post-closing integration with and/or transition from Ascension operations.
The position will provide execution guidance, project leadership and support through
effective communications as follows:
- Serve as a key member of the Transaction Team comprised of AscensionStrategy, Finance, Legal and Mission Integration Ministry Wide Function leaders to provide input on the definitive documents and transition agreements governing major transactions.
- Direct the work of outside consultants and advisors during the discovery and due diligence process.
- Provide input and periodic updates on the status of key transactions to Ascension senior executives, Ministry Market leadership and other key stakeholders.
- This position will also support the development of business plans and the IntegratedStrategic, Operational and Financial Planning (ISOFP) process, and other strategic initiatives as assigned.
- Perform all work as a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of Ascension.
- Promote a collaborative environment that fosters teamwork, effective communication, responsiveness and customer service.
- Under the direction of senior executives, manage, implement and execute major transactions and other high priority strategic partnerships.
- Organize and lead all aspects of the due diligence process necessary to support complex merger, acquisition and divestiture transactions; ability to simultaneously lead and manage multiple transactions.
- Lead implementation activities on behalf of Finance post acquisition or merger.
- Develop and manage project work plans and deliverables consistent with identified scope, timelines and objectives; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Lead cross functional work teams to assist in problem identification and resolution, and formulate business plans and integrated strategic, operational and financial plans.
- Conduct research to support new opportunities and potential transactions.
- Develop analyses, financial models and presentations to inform strategic evaluation and decision-making.
- Provide financial guidance and healthcare industry strategic insight needed to develop business plans and support the Integrated Strategic, Operational and Financial planning process. This may include working with and/or managing external resources depending on the initiative.
- Prepare briefings, reports and presentations that synthesize information and insights to inform Ascension senior executives and other constituencies on the status of key initiatives and transactions.
- Carries out special projects and duties as assigned.
- Reports to: Senior Director, Strategic Finance
- Supervises: External resources (e.g. consulting firms, strategic business partners);
- Ascension Ministry Wide Function transaction leads (matrix); Ascension Services transaction leads (matrix); Health Ministry Operations and Finance leads (matrix)
- Supports: Practice Area Lead Attorney - Business Transactions; Strategy team members; Health Ministry Executive team members; Ascension Health Operational and Financial Leaders
- Peer collaboration/communicates with; other Finance MWFs, COEs and Strategy
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience required.
- 10 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong working knowledge of hospital and physician practice operations.
- Ability to think, act and implement sequentially, decisively, individually and collaboratively; proven technical, business and problem solving skills; must possess self-confidence and an ability to be self-directed in a sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Comfortable leading by influence with ability to achieve results working with diverse groups of senior leaders in a heavily matrixed environment.
- Ability to gather data and establish direction in the context of a complex project and the ability to provide effective project management, facilitation and business analytics.
- Excellent problem solving, conceptual and critical thinking skills; exceptional qualitative and quantitative capabilities supported by ability to analyze and manage complex data sets.
- Advanced project management skills; experience using Excel, NetDocuments and other database and project management platforms.
- Strong verbal and written communication and team building skills to ensure effective interaction with diverse internal and external stakeholders; excellent leadership as well as collaborative skills.
- Must be comfortable functioning as both project lead and support staff to senior executives; excellent listening and creative thinking skills, including a demonstrated ability to translate ambiguous concepts into organized content and tactical initiatives.
- Genuine passion for health care with a strong commitment to achieving meaningful outcomes, and a desire for personal enrichment with an unwavering sense of integrity.
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.