Strategic Business Development Manager (LATAM) at BigCommerce
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
Named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney, BigCommerce is looking for a US-based business development leader seeking an outstanding career opportunity to drive meaningful revenue growth at one of the most exciting companies in tech.
In this role you’ll have a huge impact on the ongoing success of the company by securing strategic partnerships in Latin America to provide our merchants with best-in-class product solutions and deliver top line revenue growth for the company.
This is a remote position and the ideal candidate will reside in Austin, TX, or in any major city in the US.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for the successful development and execution of BigCommerce’s LATAM Partner program including the recruitment of leading solution providers across the ecosystem that help BigCommerce attract, serve and retain merchants in the territory.
- Own the technology partner ecosystem to drive success for BigCommerce merchants and help partners drive adoption with our growing customer base.
- Drive new merchant growth and additional revenue growth through partnerships with outstanding companies in the commerce ecosystem.
- Draw on proven strategies and established methodologies to identify and negotiate strategic partnerships.
- Develop and maintain accurate forecasts for partnership pipeline development, and related revenues from partner engagements.
- Lead the day to day operations of your function fairly autonomously, using prior experience and market familiarity to ensure effectiveness, efficiency and scalability including building reporting and managing metrics.
- Build excellent working relationships with the ecommerce community of platform, agency and technology partners, effectively introducing BigCommerce to the LATAM market.
- Develop a detailed understanding of both BigCommerce (i.e. products, services, and value proposition) and of the key attributes of the best BigCommerce Strategic Partners.
Who You Are
- 5+ years Business/Partnership Development experience in LATAM, ideally within the ecommerce ecosystem
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Well-connected and highly regarded within the ecommerce partnership ecosystem
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Doer - You have worked for industry leading technology companies and in a similar or adjacent technology sector, and have a validated history of successfully, consistently achieving quotas and objectives.
- Ecommerce fan - You are passionate about our space, with ecommerce domain expertise.
- Connected - You have a network and established relationships with key decision-makers that extends to the executive level within the commerce and adjacent technology sectors.
- Driven - You’ve demonstrated a clear trajectory of professional growth over time and have prior experience building shareholder value through business development.
- Agile - Capable of thoughtful yet rapid adaptation in response to changes in competitors, technologies, or market conditions.
- Master Influencer - Excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills are critical.
- Collaborative - Ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners such as Marketing, Product, Engineering, and Sales.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.
- Efficient - Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Attentive - Passion for service and satisfaction and ability to handle critical information and numerous details with ease.
- Tech Savvy - Strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. A basic understanding of HTML, CSS and internet technologies (shopping carts, web hosting, email and online marketing tools) a plus.
- Travel Flexible - Ability to travel domestically and internationally (primarily the LATAM region) to conferences and partners as needed as well as make periodic visits to US headquarters (est. 8-12 weeks per year).
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.