Strategic Partner Enablement Manager at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
As the Strategic Partner Enablement Manager, you will be responsible for enabling our partners on BigCommerce and our employees on partner solutions. Ultimately, your success will make a significant impact on the merchant and revenue growth for BigCommerce and our partners.
What you will do
The Strategic Partner Enablement Manager will be responsible for ensuring our partners’ sales and services organizations are well-equipped with the product knowledge, differentiators, incentives and processes necessary to effectively sell or refer BigCommerce’s current and new solution offerings. This role will also be responsible for the enablement of our partner solutions to our internal sales, account management, and support teams. The successful candidate will combine a solid understanding of sales and marketing dynamics with the ability to synthesize field requirements and corporate resources into a comprehensive sales enablement plan.
- Own, lead, and evolve tech partner enablement at BigCommerce
- Plan and Execute monthly BigCommerce Partner Day events for internal teams to gain awareness of our Tech Partner solutions
- Working with the Partner Managers, design and implement key performance metrics to measure programs and impact, effectiveness, appropriateness, and utility. Measure and report on the effectiveness of sales enablement investments.
- Become fluent in competitive positioning and be effective in differentiating BigCommerce
- Provide high-level demos of the BigCommerce platform to partners
- Gain a thorough understanding of partner’s business objectives and processes to provide best practices that increase awareness and execution of the go to market plan
- Create, develop, manage, and lead the successful execution of the cross-functional sales enablement programs in conjunction with SBD Partner Managers, Product Management, and Partner Marketing
- Work with BigCommerce Sales and Support leadership to understand knowledge gaps in our partner content (battle cards, knowledge-base articles, etc.) and work to close any sales facing content gaps.
- Plan and participate in Partner based Train-the-trainer activities, including but not limited to: new hire training and on-boarding, sales skills and tools training.
- Assist in the development of the master plan and calendar for sales enablement activities throughout the year, which would include incentives, communications, and marketing.
- Assist our reseller teams at all stages of their sale to the BigCommerce + partner solution.
- Develop strong relationships with the partner sales and support leaders to ensure continued BigCommerce awareness and sales
- Continually gather information from the partner sales and support teams and provide the feedback into the BigCommerce support and product teams
- Manage partners through influence and joint objective - aka without authority
Who You Are
- Minimum 3+ years of sales or Sales Enablement experience with increasing influence and responsibility
- Comfortable using technology - Strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. Knowledge of Salesforce a plus
- Strategic thinker that can take broad visions and concepts and develop structured plans, actions, and measurable metrics and then execute those plans
- General experience with all aspects of eCommerce is a plus
- Master Communicator - You provide the information to the right people at the right time in the right way, adjusting your approach to fit the audience and setting (one-on-one, small and large groups, peers, direct reports, and leaders inside and outside the organization). Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client / partner relationship skills are critical
- Proven excellent program management and project management skills
- A fast-thinking, high-energy individual with a sense of humor and ability to work with a wide range of personalities will thrive in this role
- Ability to travel approximately 40-60%
- Driven Achiever - You thrive on challenges and have a proven history of successfully, consistently achieving revenue quotas and objectives, within a complex client acquisition driven business, preferably in the mid-market or enterprise space
- Action Oriented - You have a passion for getting things done, carry out responsibilities with minimal direction, enjoy working hard, are full of energy for challenges, and seize opportunities more than others
- Organized - You can marshal the resources you need to get things done, simultaneously manage multiple priorities and/or projects, and deliver key milestones on time
- Composed - You are cool under pressure, professionally mature, and know how to remain collected and focused in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment
- A Planner - You have strong attention to detail, accurately scope out the length and difficulty of tasks and projects, anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks, and easily develop and maintain schedules
- Focused - You are bottom-line oriented, can be counted on to exceed goals, and are constantly pushing yourself and others for results
- Flexible - You not only cope with change, you thrive on it and can shift gears comfortably
- Personable - You are positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members