Strategic Partner Manager at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
We are seeking a highly-motivated individual to join our team as a Strategic Partner Manager. This role will be part of our Strategic Business Development (SBD) Team whose focus is to partner with best of class solutions that help enable growth for our customer base. In this role you will manage strategic partnerships with some of the world’s largest tech companies, setting the vision for how our merchants leverage digital advertising to grow their e-commerce businesses. A significant portion of BigCommerce’s annual new merchant growth comes via referrals from Strategic Business Department’s partners.
Reporting to our Director of Payments Revenue, you’ll have a huge impact on the ongoing success of the company by managing our global strategic partnerships to provide our merchants with world-class product solutions and deliver material top-line revenue growth for the company.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and manage strategic partnerships with payment providers in several regions and globally by maintaining relationships with decision makers at the executive and management levels, with a focus on e-commerce payments, financing, banking, fintech and fraud management.
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally with teams to develop go-to-market strategies and business plans for partner solutions and features, with an emphasis on driving net new business to the partner and BigCommerce. Specifically, this role will participate in designing and launching sell with and sell through merchant acquisition programs, which may include email campaigns, in-product messaging, co-selling, and up-sell campaigns.
- Lead new opportunities within partnerships through creative strategic thinking to capitalize on new revenue potential and innovative product enhancements.
- Act as primary point of contact / product strategy owner for assigned partnerships.
- Work with partners to develop and exceed business success metrics, including specific KPIs that drive merchant adoption and revenue growth for both BigCommerce and the partner.
- Work closely with the BigCommerce Product, Marketing and Client Success teams to perfect merchant experiences and support for partner solutions via the BigCommerce platform.
- Work closely with the BigCommerce Product and Client Success teams to ensure smooth on-boarding experiences and servicing processes of acquired merchants using partner integrations via the BigCommerce platform.
- Work closely with the Partner and Customer Marketing teams to design and implement communications activities, ensuring high retention of acquired merchants.
Who You Are
- Education: Bachelor’s degree, ideally in business or similar field is preferred.
- Partner Management Experience: 5+ years experience managing partnerships and coordinating and designing co-marketing programs with partners to drive merchant awareness and revenue growth in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Payments Acumen - Experience in the payment industry, specifically online payment processing from a merchant, shopper and technology provider perspective is a plus.
- E-commerce Acumen - Experience within a SaaS platform or eCommerce organization driving adoption of a SaaS-based solution with Partners and their clients.
- Strategic - You thrive on challenges, are agile, possess a great deal of perspective and have a clear vision, tolerance for risk, and ability to navigate ambiguous situations.
- Negotiator - You are a great salesperson who will be the role-model of excellence for the team. Your experience will allow you and others to skillfully negotiate wins internally and externally while maintaining strong relationships.
- Business Acumen - You know how businesses work, keep up with relevant practices and trends, and know the competition.
- Master Communicator - You provide the information people to the right people at the right time in the right way, adjusting your approach to fit the audience and setting (one-on-one, small and large groups, peers, direct reports, and leaders inside and outside the organization). Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client / partner relationship skills are critical.
- Comfortable using technology - Strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. Knowledge of Salesforce a plus.