Strategic Sales Account Executive - Prospecting - Faith Solutions
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
Blackbaud has created a Diocesan Strategic Account Executive role for our largest, most complex customers. The SAE role is accountable to drive the overall Sales and solution strategies with our largest and most prestigious accounts and prospects, is key in said customer account growth and the long term growth of the account. The goal of the SAE is to create customer loyalty, stimulate growth, enhance profitability, and drive innovation. Simply put, this role is the P&L owner of major a client(s), and the success of the role will be determined by client satisfaction, portfolio expansion and profitability related to these largest, most strategic customers. The ultimate measure of success for an SAE is to develop and sustain a long-term “trusted advisor” relationship with our clients. Utilizing deep industry knowledge and experience working with executive leadership, the SAE will work at the highest levels and craft a strategic customer plan, which will be orchestrated between Sales, Customer Success, the Vertical and our target Customer. . The role will be responsible for developing opportunities for continued Blackbaud involvement at the executive decision level, and will have ultimate responsibility for advising the customer on strategies for both new and existing products.
Strategic Account Relationship Management:
- Primary Sales and Strategy relationship owner from Blackbaud – represents all products, verticals, and COEs
- Develops an account plan across all Diocesan entities including Development Office, Missions/Charities, Foundations, Catholic Parishes and Schools
- Maintains trusting relationship with C-level execs at the client
- Orchestrates and leverages the COEs as defined in our Blackbaud operating model, namely Customer Success, RDO, Customer Support and Services
- Works with client, the Vertical and COEs to effectively communicate Executive updates on various topics, from Roadmap and Strategies to (if active) Program and Delivery updates, current production execution, etc.
- Represents the voice of the customer back to Blackbaud – heavily influences product roadmaps, keeps Blackbaud Execs informed of various issues, coordinates “support” when needed
- Balances the customer needs with Blackbaud business needs and best practices
- Creates and maintains a long-term strategy for the client account
- Leads quarterly business reviews with the client, Customer Success and Blackbaud executives
- Meet and exceed annual revenue targets for assigned customers and prospects in territory
- Owns responsibility for accurate prediction and delivery of financial outcomes
- Individual will be responsible for delivering on specific customer and prospect revenue targets
- Identifies and develops client specific sales opportunities
- Increases Blackbaud wallet share within the client account through expansion
- Maintains (directly and/or indirectly) accurate sales records, figures, and reports in the sales database and the relevant customer information
- Understands the needs of Blackbaud and participates in sales meetings and training programs
- Works with Customer Success supporting customer time to value activities (adoption, usage, outcomes, etc.) as well as retention/renewal strategies
- Works well with Product, keep abreast with the latest trends and stay ahead of the competitors and its products by conducting proper research Improve the market share in both, domestic and international sectors
- Prepares and approves the key account budget requirements for overall sales targets
- Determines the needs of the customer and the prices and discount rates for the products of the company as it relates to key accounts
- Is key in identifying and execution on Customer Renewal and Retention Strategies
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical skills and should be able to think creatively and identify and tap potential clients and be able to understand their needs.
- Strong background in account management and sales with an ability to influence and negotiate the contract terms.
- Self-motivated and should have an ability to handle pressure situations and work in a target oriented environment.
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment and coordinate activities across different company channels
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10 years of deep not-for-profit, technology, etc. expertise preferred
- 10 years of experience structuring large bundled deals in the technology industry
- Minimum 10 years delivery, sales and account management experience
- Extensive experience working for a Product and/or Services company
- A history of exceeding financial commitments
- Experience working in a large, matrix organization with complex products and services