Technical Account Manager (U.S. Remote) at BigCommerce
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce, named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a remote Technical Account Manager. In this role, you will operate as the lead technical point of contact for any and all matters specific to your customers and advise some of the most exciting and fastest growing merchants in eCommerce. By developing a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors you will offer industry leading advocacy, drive client revenue growth, and help our clients Sell More!!This is a remote position and the ideal candidate will reside in any major city in the U.S.
What You’ll Do
- Manage a book of business, including Fortune 500 companies, where you will be responsible for providing our customers with proactive, strategic and operational technical support.
- Drive accountability within your book of business that increases your customer’s revenue, drives customer retention, and improves NPS.
- Develop and maintain account level Personalized Run Books that details your customer’s architecture on the BigCommerce platform as well as integrations with third party solutions and applications.
- Provide your customers with platform configuration support, and conduct service reviews, focused on growth measures to mitigate case incidents.
- Work closely with your customers in Support case oversight and management, ensuring customer cases are aligned in accordance with your customer’s priorities.
- Draw upon the collective knowledge within BigCommerce and the industry to lead technical Best Practice reviews with your customers ensuring they maximize the value from the BigCommerce platform and ecosystem.
- Partner with your customers to personalize information that is impactful to their BigCommerce store regarding maintenance and product feature releases, as well as future plans centered around the BC Roadmap.
- Participate in reoccurring business reviews (to Executive Leadership) of your book of business and recommend business plans that result in year over year growth.
- Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders.
- Evaluate your customer’s technology environment and recommend apps, integrations, features and partners aligned to your customer’s business objectives.
Who You Are
- 2+ years experience managing an enterprise portfolio or direct client consulting within a fast paced environment
- Familiar with foundational online marketing principles and best practices in the following areas - SEO, Paid Search, Affiliate, Display Advertising, Conversion Tools, Email Marketing, Social Media, and content (i.e. blogging and videos)
- A customer-focused internal advocate, focused on driving growth throughout the client’s life cycle.
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relationship skills
- Experience with the BigCommerce product is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or computer science related field or equivalent experience required.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, agile, and have a strong desire to teach
- Outspoken and provide feedback to management that results in greater efficiency
- Ambitious, self-motivated, goal-oriented, highly collaborative and extremely driven
What we offer:
Greatness is inherent in all people; this is a fact to us here at BigCommerce.
No matter your background or personal experiences, we strive to ensure every individual has an equal opportunity to grow - and to smash the limits of your potential!
Health benefits begin day one, and we have award-winning Perks and Benefits, such as:
Open vacation policy
Paid volunteer time
Paid parental leave and newborn child sick leave
Ongoing training and development
This description is intended to serve as a summary of key duties and responsibilities and may not contain a comprehensive list of activities.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.