Technical Account Manager at SailPoint
The SailPoint Technical Account Manager (TAM) provides the best possible customer service to the company’s most important customers. They bring deep knowledge of SailPoint’s products, related technologies, and their customers’ deployments to solve problems quickly and provide proactive guidance. The TAM is an elite role in SailPoint’s customer support organization, with advanced technical, problem solving, account management, and customer interaction skills. To that end, TAMs support a small set of customers, typically 4 to 6. This senior role has wide discretion to act in the best interest of their customers and orchestrating assistance from any other technical support, professional services, sales, or engineering organizations. As the senior members of the customer support organization, TAMs also mentor the more junior members of the Technical Support team and help them develop their technical and customer interaction skills.
- Serves as main point of contact for technical support issues.
- Works closely with the Designated Senior Support team focused on customer’s tickets.
- Leads escalation responses.
- Drives elimination of any customer or internal bottlenecks impeding problem resolution.
- Provides proactive guidance and encourage adoption and assist in deployment of new product releases.
- Manages the status and internal/external communication of Support tickets
- Collaborates with support management to orchestrate support response beyond the TAMs direct capability.
- Conducts regular reviews of service delivery quality, industry threat assessments and solicits feedback on service delivery.
- Works closely with Customer Success Managers to ensure SailPoint post-sales experience exceeds customer’s needs.
- 5+ years' software support experience to include customer-facing technical support - preferably in enterprise security software product companies.
- Proven track record of seeking, learning, and effectively applying technical information available from various sources, including documentation, online sources, practical testing and experimentation, and the knowledge of other technical professionals.
- Ability to provide rigorous and detailed descriptions of problems and features to product developers and managers, and to update descriptions, status, and information in a well-organized manner. Experience with Database Administration (Oracle, Sybase, MSSQL, MySQL).
- Experience on both Windows and Unix (Linux, Sun, HP, AIX) platforms.
- Experience with XML, SQL and a J2EE / Java EE 5 Application Server such as Tomcat, WebSphere, or WebLogic.
- Familiarity with identity management provisioning systems (Sun, Oracle, IBM, Novell) a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proven ability to listen and empathize with the customer’s situation. An understanding of when to employ different interpersonal interaction techniques depending on the situation.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience.
- CS or Engineering degree a plus.
- Position is based in Austin, TX