Technical Account Manager at Atlassian (Remote)
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it's necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian Technical Account Managers (TAMs) guide our largest customers to build and deliver outstanding value to their business with our products. TAMs are technology and process champions, demonstrating thought leadership to frame the customer's strategic direction, and then orchestrating customer teams past their hurdles, so they may achieve their desired outcomes. As a TAM, you will deliver value through prescriptive insights and methodologies - whether the customer is establishing an Agile product delivery methodology, optimizing Developer Tools automation, building new Collaboration communities, or improving IT services. You'll be a trusted advisor from Atlassian to accelerate the effectiveness of customer teams with Atlassian's solutions.
In this role, you'll cut across multiple technical subject areas and customer roles to guide the implementation, integration, and expansion of the customer's Atlassian solution investment. You'll also reach into all parts of Atlassian to champion the user's cause and facilitate a deeper level of engagement with the customer. You will help our strongest promoters showcase their successes to their peers, and serve as the tip of the spear in growing the reach of our technologies for new use cases and markets.
Atlassian TAMs strive to help enterprise customers improve the benefits of their Atlassian investment.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Experience working with large customers in a consulting or technical thought leader capacity
- Must have at least 3-5+ years of technical and consulting experience with Atlassian products in the Enterprise or Fortune 5000 space. In particular, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Jira Align, Bamboo, Crowd
- Experience with On-Premise and/or Atlassian Cloud implementation of Atlassian products
- Experience with two or more of the following: DevOps and automation, continuous integration, agile development, real-time collaboration, or IT service management
- Deep understanding of IT infrastructure and governance and critical business process management
- Interest in working creatively with customers to understand technical and business requirements and implement solutions, including change management and technical engagement delivery
- Public speaking experience or published thought leadership
- Up to 30% travel may be required for this role.
Pursuant to Atlassian policy, individuals must be fully vaccinated and submit proof of their vaccinated status to assume this role, subject to legal exemptions. Candidates must provide proof of their vaccinated status within 30 days of their start date. Please reach out to your recruiter if you have questions about this requirement or if you'd like to submit a request for an exemption prior to the start of your employment.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world's best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .